Cannot stream required archive data. - Page 2
Close

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I was able to get a working client. I tried everything I found online to try to fix the error but nothing was working. I ended up just downloading a different Cata client. I think the original I was using was a Run & Play from MonsterWow's site, but the new one is from Wowmortal's site. The WoW.mfil files do appear to be different for each of those clients. Not sure if that helps any, but that's what I did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
    not sure about mac, but if your client is full client on windows you can remove wow.mfil check (ill post exe and how to do it urself later)
    That would be great thanks. I know you are full-on busy with repacks, so I hugely appreciate any cycles you can extend to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezra827 View Post
    So, I was able to get a working client. I tried everything I found online to try to fix the error but nothing was working. I ended up just downloading a different Cata client. I think the original I was using was a Run & Play from MonsterWow's site, but the new one is from Wowmortal's site. The WoW.mfil files do appear to be different for each of those clients. Not sure if that helps any, but that's what I did.
    I can give this a try tonight maybe. I'll google wowmortal for a client.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never realized the client still made a call out to blizzard like this. Is there a way to circumvent this or emulate the blizzard service (if that's what it is)?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Yes but it would require a lot of money (due to lots of data 20 GB per each person who downloads the client!).

But you can make a private one, by hosting the MPQ on some server and changing your hosts file in windows, or editing the client. I did something similar in mop

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Ok I can't even get a client working o.O.. But if you have a full client here's an exe

[Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]

And the patcher

[Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]

I don't have a solution for mac atm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but it would require a lot of money (due to lots of data 20 GB per each person who downloads the client!).

But you can make a private one, by hosting the MPQ on some server and changing your hosts file in windows, or editing the client. I did something similar in mop
    Personally I like that idea, I like keeping everything on my LAN. How-to? /grin
    Ok I can't even get a client working o.O.. But if you have a full client here's an exe

And the patcher

I don't have a solution for mac atm
    I'll keep these nearby in case my Windows client breaks again! Now for our 2 Mac clients.
    Maybe we'll migrate to MoP when you debut the prize! Of course, then I'll have to learn how to migrate characters! Haha, so much to learn. Good thing it's fun!
    Thanks for helping Jack Sparrow

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    No problem, i'll make a tutorial i guess for it soon x)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answered.

Well, my Mac clients are now working. I replaced all the *.MPQ files in the Data folder, as well as the whole enGB directory with copies from my windows client.
    I don't know why that worked except perhaps some of the .MPQ files corrupted.

Discovery: before the error msg it stops on a file, world.MPQ. So I first replaced that one file, and realized it would load past that file the next time. So I replaced the next, then another, so I just replaced them all instead of being ... precise.

So if you have a Mac client due to the same issue as this, try copying the Data folder from a working client and try again. Very strange, but it worked for me. Good luck.

I don't know how to prevent this from happening again, or how to stop the client from calling home (Blizzard).

Edit: spelling.
    Last edited by Aescleal; 4 Days Ago at 04:33 AM.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog