[REPACK POLL] - Which PATCH? Need your VOTE! - Page 4
Close

An upcoming Blizzlike Cataclysm Server, 4.3.4.

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What other patch should we provide fixes and repack releases for?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • MOP (5.4.7/5.4.8)

51 47.66%
  • WOD (6.x)

14 13.08%
  • LEGION (7.x)

41 38.32%
  • I have another idea, I will post it in the thread!

1 0.93%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ravish123 View Post
    From the looks of some releases they already have a bunch of sniffs so I wouldn't worry about it. And if they don't have sniffs they can simply go and sniff information, it wouldn't be that hard. Also it's possible the issues you have are only related to non-vip version of the repack, and not the VIP version.
    Doubtful the wife pays for vip we play on the lan. Darnassus is very incomplete, I only suggested if emucoach plans to support other expansions they make sure they can get the proper data to fix as much as possible. That said i'm honestly not sure if sniffing MOP data now is possible has a lot changed up to legion? or is most of that data on retail good?
    Last edited by charrison82; 03-12-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charrison82 View Post
    Doubtful the wife pays for vip we play on the lan. Darnassus is very incomplete, I only suggested if emucoach plans to support other expansions they make sure they can get the proper data to fix as much as possible. That said i'm honestly not sure if sniffing MOP data now is possible has a lot changed up to legion? or is most of that data on retail good?
    You can sniff private servers, such as wow freakz, tauri wow, etc. I'm sure it wont be a problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ravish123 View Post
    You can sniff private servers, such as wow freakz, tauri wow, etc. I'm sure it wont be a problem
    I really miss the original trinity core team, they took such pride in their fixes and the data was legit. Private server sniffing isn't reliable, but I guess we shall see how that goes. Long story short emucoach should really just jump to legion, the data is there to sniff on free accounts till banned an most would be willing to help. The repack would be up to date and able to collect any and all information needed to properly fix quests and gather data for npcs and such.
    Last edited by charrison82; 03-12-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really miss the original trinity core team, they took such pride in their fixes and the data was legit. Private server sniffing isn't reliable, but I guess we shall see how that goes. Long story short emucoach should really just jump to legion, the data is there to sniff on free accounts till banned an most would be willing to help. The repack would be up to date and able to collect any and all information needed to properly fix quests and gather data for npcs and such.
    Although legion has reliable sniffs, the amount of work required it a lot. It's missing so many scripts and as I said in an earlier post it's missing phase system, scaling, etc. And sniffing private servers are quite reliable, as long as the server you're sniffing has a lot of content working, such as Tauriwow. They probably have the best and most blizzlike MoP server with just about everything working.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Ravish is saying, it would take a lot of time and effort to get a reliable, somewhat-decent Legion repack up and running. My general rule is wait about 1 or 2 more expansions after, then there's usually enough data to work with.
    We shouldn't just jump to Legion because it's the latest expansion. We will follow what the community decides. If y'all vote for a MoP, we'll gladly do so, and will have something we're proud to put EmuCoach's name on within a relatively short time. If y'all vote Legion, it'll take a good bit longer, and would likely slow the development of the Cata repack in it's early stages. We'll still do it, of course, but you guys should know what that would mean.

Plus, a lot of people are probably like me and think MoP was the best expansion (keep in mind I only get 1 vote, so I don't get any extra advantage in voting). Legion was just too boring for me. It felt like typical WoW, whereas MoP was something new.
    Have a question? Look here!:
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]
    If you're question isn't already there, feel free to [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ].

Want to donate and get VIP Access?
    Click [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]!

My Releases:
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]

Quick Links:
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Satan View Post
    As Ravish is saying, it would take a lot of time and effort to get a reliable, somewhat-decent Legion repack up and running. My general rule is wait about 1 or 2 more expansions after, then there's usually enough data to work with.
    We shouldn't just jump to Legion because it's the latest expansion. We will follow what the community decides. If y'all vote for a MoP, we'll gladly do so, and will have something we're proud to put EmuCoach's name on within a relatively short time. If y'all vote Legion, it'll take a good bit longer, and would likely slow the development of the Cata repack in it's early stages. We'll still do it, of course, but you guys should know what that would mean.

Plus, a lot of people are probably like me and think MoP was the best expansion (keep in mind I only get 1 vote, so I don't get any extra advantage in voting). Legion was just too boring for me. It felt like typical WoW, whereas MoP was something new.
    I agree if there is enough reliable MOP data out there in sniffs then by all means do it if thats what everyone decides. I wasn't suggesting a jump to legion because it was the newest, I suggested that because the data is available and legit. Gathering sniffs from other private servers isn't wise and will only lead the pack down the road of becoming the next wowsource repack.... a half assed half working pile of crap. I personally have no interest in anything past MOP as I quit retail at that point, but before jumping into something else cata repack still has a lot to fix.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I agree if there is enough reliable MOP data out there in sniffs then by all means do it if thats what everyone decides. I wasn't suggesting a jump to legion because it was the newest, I suggested that because the data is available and legit. Gathering sniffs from other private servers isn't wise and will only lead the pack down the road of becoming the next wowsource repack.... a half assed half working pile of crap. I personally have no interest in anything past MOP as I quit retail at that point, but before jumping into something else cata repack still has a lot to fix.
    I actually agree. Also with the Darnassus, I will look at it shortly. We have gotten a lot of sniffs obtained from Cataclysm and up.
    So now I am able to fix most waypoint issues, missing emotes, texts etc very, very easily. I'll look on Darnassus soon enough. Just going through Durotar & Mulgore currently.

We have a lot of sniffs contained, so don't worry
    Level 1-60 + capitals + npc routes on each race/class done during MOP, and also ~~ 15-17 GB of sniffs (In rar, imagine when we extract that out.. will almost need an extra hdd just for it)

But of course there will be times where particular sniff's are needed (we don't have much about eg mop dungeons/raids), but in most cases legion sniffs are just fine - as we need the flags (eg, unit_flags etc), which are the same in Legion. (Looking away from health, damage etc)

But you have a valid point! But I'd say we have it covered as our ressources have grown heavily. And so does @[Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] regarding the huge amount of extra work on Legion on the systems/scripts that completely missing.

Don't worry, we won't ever be a Wowsource project. We know what we are doing, and I have worked in the scene since 2012, even on big server names with much higher requirements.
    Have a question? Look here! If it's not already there, feel free to ask!
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ][Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]

Want to donate and get VIP Access?
    Click
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]!

For people who are looking for an International [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ], coming up in association with Emucoach repack;
    (Server is not yet public!)

You are welcome to follow the Discord to keep track.
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExO View Post
    I actually agree. Also with the Darnassus, I will look at it shortly. We have gotten a lot of sniffs obtained from Cataclysm and up.
    So now I am able to fix most waypoint issues, missing emotes, texts etc very, very easily. I'll look on Darnassus soon enough. Just going through Durotar & Mulgore currently.

We have a lot of sniffs contained, so don't worry
    Level 1-60 + capitals + npc routes on each race/class done during MOP, and also ~~ 15-17 GB of sniffs (In rar, imagine when we extract that out.. will almost need an extra hdd just for it)

But of course there will be times where particular sniff's are needed (we don't have much about eg mop dungeons/raids), but in most cases legion sniffs are just fine - as we need the flags (eg, unit_flags etc), which are the same in Legion. (Looking away from health, damage etc)

But you have a valid point! But I'd say we have it covered as our ressources have grown heavily. And so does @[Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] regarding the huge amount of extra work on Legion on the systems/scripts that completely missing.

Don't worry, we won't ever be a Wowsource project. We know what we are doing, and I have worked in the scene since 2012, even on big server names with much higher requirements.
    Well now knowing you already have the data and correct data in had you have my vote for MOP if that's the direction you wish to take. I know it will be great and please take your time do not rush, we all want a great repack and it's going to take time. We have the cata repack to enjoy for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see this thread is going well and everyone is tuning in, I have just finished my hacky 3rd relic slot implementation on my test legion trinitycore base, it's working and even the artifact perk enhancement from relic items are working correctly, but the implementation is way too hacky its laughable lol. spells in legion for different classes are 65% percent at most, most older contents are bugged to a point where you can't level up properly without a Exp modifier to skip all the buggy content, with a bit of work on spells and classes yes we can probably build a pvp-only legion repack ( LoL ), but pretty sure people play repacks for the solo PVE experience, the only way for a single player PvP repack to even work is getting player bots to real human players level which is impossible.

Wild thoughts again.

Loras

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the votes is winning MoP. In the end you have to follow the evolution of the wow, and this community can not stay behind because they have good programmers who already have a few years of experience in this area. I like to play PVE, in all the wow I've played although I did'n have the chance to play a decent wow until I made vip in this community. The stories of the missions, walking by the world itself is what I liked about all the wow.
    Last edited by eyero; 03-13-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog