WoW Client issues - MacOS 64-Bit

Sikuri

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Hello,
So I have downloaded a full Mac client for 4.3.4, added in the WoW-64 bit app for Mac that can be found around.

When starting, the client wants the download archive data (even though the data is full download). So I edited .mfil file to add CDN of Twinstar.

Now when in game, the client just wants to download everything again, and shows the percentage at 2%, never moving.

All NPCs are named Unknown, and I can’t interact with anything, or exit the game.

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have a fix that is a native Mac client?

Thank you!

ExO

Admin
It's indeed an issue.

The quick answer is that it won't work that easily, unfortunately.

Maybe you can find some information as to why - here:

It has a section regarding Mac covered.

I however managed to get it working on 64 bit Mac (4.3.4). I'll make a guide soon, but it involves some additional program to get it working.

samusarun

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
I have not been able to find a MAC OSX x64 client, but I was having a similar issue getting my x32 MAC OSX mini-client to run. Here's what I did:

1) I downloaded and installed jdownloader. (I believe that any download manager will work, but this is the one I used.)
2) I created a list (see attached) of all of the MPQs that had to be downloaded. I copied this list into jdownloader, and let it go fetch all of the MPQs (This may take a few minutes).
3) I edited the WoW.mfil file to contain the following: (copy your original - just in case you need a backup)

version=2
server=akamai
location=http://dist.blizzard.com/wow-pod-retail/EU/15050.direct/
manifest_partial=wow-15595-0C3502F50D17376754B9E9CB0109F4C5.mfil

4) Once the MPQ files have been downloaded, move them to their appropriate locations. (If you look at the links, you will see which ones go into /Data, /Data/enGB, etc.)
5) (OPTIONAL) If you have a Windows mini-client, I was able to successfully copy this new Data folder and mfil to it and it worked.

samusarun

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Dang it! I just noticed that the list.txt file didn't attach to my post. It appears that the forums are either having issues uploading content, or... I am so new I'm not authorized yet. With that said, here are the links that I was going to attach in my file.

Likon69

Mythical User
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
I have not been able to find a MAC OSX x64 client, but I was having a similar issue getting my x32 MAC OSX mini-client to run. Here's what I did:

1) I downloaded and installed jdownloader. (I believe that any download manager will work, but this is the one I used.)
2) I created a list (see attached) of all of the MPQs that had to be downloaded. I copied this list into jdownloader, and let it go fetch all of the MPQs (This may take a few minutes).
3) I edited the WoW.mfil file to contain the following: (copy your original - just in case you need a backup)

version=2
server=akamai
location=http://dist.blizzard.com/wow-pod-retail/EU/15050.direct/
manifest_partial=wow-15595-0C3502F50D17376754B9E9CB0109F4C5.mfil

4) Once the MPQ files have been downloaded, move them to their appropriate locations. (If you look at the links, you will see which ones go into /Data, /Data/enGB, etc.)
5) (OPTIONAL) If you have a Windows mini-client, I was able to successfully copy this new Data folder and mfil to it and it worked.
it's crazy what you have to do to play on MacOS :O

• Haha
Reactions: ExO

Sikuri

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Wow, this is great stuff.
I'll continue looking into things, thanks @samusarun

Thanks @ExO, the guide will help other players.
I am assuming that even with the extra work you did, your client still has some sort of issues?

Sikuri

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Guys, guys!
I downloaded the No Downloader Client that @Likon69 linked in the shoutout box, and added the 64-bit Mac app to that, which runs great!
One last issue though, every NPC is random, and nothing is clickable.

I think it might be the Database? Though, could still be the client. I tried v13, and v13 solo of Cata, and both have NPC showing as unknown, and you cannot exit the game.

EDIT: nevermind, was able to run the .exe client in Parallels, and it’s the client, not database. Sorry.
Will wait for the guide, no pressure.

Thank you ?

Last edited:

ExO

Admin
Guys, guys!
I downloaded the No Downloader Client that @Likon69 linked in the shoutout box, and added the 64-bit Mac app to that, which runs great!
One last issue though, every NPC is random, and nothing is clickable.

I think it might be the Database? Though, could still be the client. I tried v13, and v13 solo of Cata, and both have NPC showing as unknown, and you cannot exit the game.

EDIT: nevermind, was able to run the .exe client in Parallels, and it’s the client, not database. Sorry.
Will wait for the guide, no pressure.

Thank you ?

Yeah, that's a known issue, (regarding the unknown npcs, and nothing being clickable). There is a tutorial (it involves external software though), on how to get it Mac Catalina up and running: