Why do people hate Cataclysm?

Octavious

Trial Member
My guess is that it changed the world too much, a lot of love and nostalgia around the old zones, cata came in and destroyed most of that. But with that said i don't hate cata either, it had a lot of good stuff in it!

Zafire

https://zafirehd.deviantart.com
Admin
Designer
Senior User
I started playing WoW in vanilla back in 2006, I was still a kid back then - once cataclysm dropped I'd had time to learn english and understand the basics of the game. Hence Cataclysm was the first expansion I was able to play and understand... With that said it's a big nostalgia thing for me, but I always tend to come back to Cataclysm for it's content and gameplay. So, I guess I would say it's my favourite expansion when compared to all the others.

PrivateDonut

Veteran Member
I started playing during Vanilla 2006, and my favorite expansion was Cataclysm and Legion if I had to pick any of them. I used to really enjoy WOTLK, but over the years I have came to an agreement with myself that my favorite expansions of all time was Cataclysm and Legion.

llewsarb

Verified Member
I'd have to agree with Octavious. The world was drastically changed so those who knew and loved the classic map had to relearn quite a bit

lygertyger

Verified Member
I don't hate it. I just don't see a reason to play on a Cata server over a MOP or Legion one, since the latter two are almost the same game but with more races and content.

Bl00DGuY

Verified Member
It wasn't my favorite expac but the world revamp was nice and the launch heroics where good.