What's new

Which one is your favorite coding language?

ExO

Administrator
Staff Member
Admin
Reaction score
Thought it would be interesting to see what the community prefer of coding languages.
Here are some examples to start off with:
Python
Lua
C
C#
C++
Visual Basic .NET
Java
PHP
MySQL

- Personally I like MySQL, C++ & PHP, because I have some knowledge in it already, and at some points it's very free to use (atleast C++/PHP), while MySQL is relative easy to understand, atleast the basics. However I would like to learn Java, or atleast the basics because it's in my opinion a quite useful language to know the basics off in the real world, because many things are based on Java nowadays.

iRoflu

Admiral Squatbar
Staff Member
Head Mod
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite, because it's the first (and so far, only) language I know, is Java. I wouldn't say I'm a professional at it, but I know a bit, and whenever I get around to posting Java tutorials, maybe that'll help you understand and learn it.

I hear that Java is very similar to C++, but I wouldn't know as I haven't taken that class yet.

I know a slight amount of HTML/CSS, but from an online class so I don't really know a lot of it, sadly.
Also I used to work with Visual Basic, but that was when I was in middle school, and I barely knew anything on it.

Last edited:

Chief

Mythical User
Mythical User
Reaction score
I would say html/css would be my favorite as it's one of the first languages I've learned in the past years. I love making websites/artwork.

ExO

Administrator
Staff Member
Admin
Reaction score
Personally I would like to improve myself in CSS/HTML/PHP because nowadays it's so useful being able to code websites, frontend and backend, both online but also in IRL (job/freelance etc)

iRoflu

Admiral Squatbar
Staff Member
Head Mod
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I would like to improve myself in CSS/HTML/PHP because nowadays it's so useful being able to code websites, frontend and backend, both online but also in IRL (job/freelance etc)
If you're able to afford it, you could try an online class in college for it. I'm not sure how much of it you already know though, so it might not even be any help at all.

Also, if you're still interested in learning Java, I would like to help, if possible. If C++ is similar to Java as people say, then it shouldn't be too hard I think. I just don't really know where to start in the Java section with tutorials.

Zafire

Administrator
Admin
Designer
Reaction score
My favorite language is probably html/css (if it counts as a coding language). I like it because with it, you can get a website to look exactly how you want, and bring designs which I've made in photoshop, alive.

I also like SQL, even though it's not really a "coding" language. It was the first language I ever learned. And because most emulators uses MySQL, It's very useful to know.

markb

Reaction score
MySQL and PHP are most used now. Also they are easy to learn.

cherin

Reaction score
Most used programming languages
- Javascript
- Java
- Python
- CSS
- PHP
- Ruby
- C++

Stabatha

Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Python is my favorite followed by old fashion bash scripting. I use a lot of automation scripting at work with Docker, Ansible and Puppet.

Kezra827

Reaction score
A little late to the show, but my favorites are PHP and MySQL. That's where the majority of my coding knowledge and experience lies. I've done minor modding in other games, but can't really say I'm proficient in anything at the level I am with PHP and MySQL.

CCeil32

Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
totally depends on what I am trying to do. c/c++ most of the time but python for some tasks

thetruestarr1337

Reaction score
I only can do HTML/CSS and PHP and also C#. Learned abit java in school but hated it. Im not perfect but learning everyday.

Xavier

Reaction score
I quite like C# as it is closer to the first language I learnt Pascal ;)

haschy95

Reaction score
I do like C#, but if i need something really quick, i usually do it in VB

warpchaos

Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
Python by far!

Wish it could be more useful for repack development

Yuno

Reaction score
Python and Java😊