which client version

geordie0511

Gold Supporter
Ok. I got ther server running.

Which client version of the game do I need ? The most current or do I actually need the 4.3.4 client ?

geordie0511

Gold Supporter
Has anyone got a download link or page where can download a working client?

I tried the WoWMane-Client, but as expected it doesn't work.

zero438

Verified Member
Check this page (at the bottom):

WoW Cataclysm Download – 4.3.4 Client - DKPminus

the ones at the bottom are complete clients that you can download with torrent (they do have a pretty healty seed ratio)

sadly i dont remembe which of them i downloaded, but its the one file called "Cataclysm - Full Windows"; however, i had to change its .exe file and wow.mfil file with 2 that are posted in this page (minimal clients in emu coach...you can find them if you google "emucoach 4.3.4 minimal client"

Hopefully this helps you with your problem!

Rafasax

Verified Member
I've had this problem of downloading full clients and not working, it happens mainly with Windows 8 and 10 users due to the inherent files ownership policy. I could only solve it by downloading the Minimal Client versions (aka Run & Play). This was how it was with me with the clients WotLK, Cataclysm, MoP, WoD.

cheewee

Verified Member
Finding the client is always the hardest part! Sometimes I go on Pirate Bay. For 3.3.5a and older, you can usually go to a private server site, but for the newer ones they usually have a special launcher.