When did you start playing WoW?

Started playing in 2010. Played cataclysm on the live servers and WOLK on some early TrinityCore servers. Hard to believe that was over 10 years ago...

voralyx

Veteran Member
Still remember one of the guildmate in Ragnarok Online was jumping ship to WoW when it came out. Nearly 2 decades ago. Only delved into WoW in 2010 when Legion has launched back then...thanks to a friend. Played for a few months and stopped.

MakaiKing0

Verified Member
I played it for the first time about 12 or 13 years ago, hated it, so I wasted $30 and threw it away in a fit. I recently started playing it from Legion up and I like it better now.

orangefire

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
I started playing back in summer 2016, very late WoD era, when a friend of mine talked me into playing with him. I got to level cap and got a chance to do a little bit of Tanaan, then Legion pre-patch came out and I played quite a bit during Legion with a small group of four people that did pretty well at dungeons even though we were one short. We were looking forward to going into BFA with that group but then one of the members' computer stopped running WoW properly near the end of Legion and I played casually on and off since then, by the time she got it fixed other people had gotten busy with other things and we weren't quite able to get the group going again.

When TBC Classic launched, a different group of friends got me into joining them on there, which lasted like three months until the guild leader went back to college and stopped having much time for WoW, but during that time I'd seen some conversations there about private servers and people setting them up easily, which I'd previously thought took a lot of coding experience so I decided to look into that and ended up here.