V15 CATA VIP WotLK Raids ignore player raid difficulty setting.

OzHawkeye

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Hello,

• [Location, Faction, Race] Northrend, both factions, all races
  • [Name, Type] All Northrend raids (Ulduar not tested due to seperate issue)
  • [Problem Description] Regardless of the players Raid Difficulty setting (10/25 man, normal/heroic), the Raid plays as a 10-player Normal raid.
  • [How it should work] Raids should adjust depending on raid leaders difficulty setting.

No screenshot this time.

PS: As expected, we've also found that Gunship doesn't work in ICC, completely bugging out shortly after the encounter starts (both gunships and all NPCs disappear), so ICC can't be completed either unfortunately.

Last edited:

orangefire

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
I believe this is an issue I've reported as well, but don't mind seeing more attention put on it as it is probably at the top of my wishlist for getting a fix in the next version.

I'm guessing that you enabled the config setting to allow entering a raid without needing a raid group. From my experience, doing this will always cause the player to enter normal, or their last entered raid difficulty if they enter another difficulty via being in an actual raid group.

If you're using npc bots, you can probably just convert to a raid group to bypass this.

OzHawkeye

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
I believe this is an issue I've reported as well, but don't mind seeing more attention put on it as it is probably at the top of my wishlist for getting a fix in the next version.

I'm guessing that you enabled the config setting to allow entering a raid without needing a raid group. From my experience, doing this will always cause the player to enter normal, or their last entered raid difficulty if they enter another difficulty via being in an actual raid group.

If you're using npc bots, you can probably just convert to a raid group to bypass this.

Makes sense this might an issue now that I think about it. Hope a solution can be found, since the server was otherwise tuned to allow for solo completion of raids and we don't use bots.