Epic Member
Class: Mage
Race: Human Female
Faction: Alliance
Level: 85
Bug: Spell "Deep Freeze"
Id Spell: 44572
URL: https://cata-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?spell=44572

comment: The mage spell does stun the target but does not inflict any damage to the target, no matter if you play the Glyph it does nothing at all, the spell does not inflict any damage.

WoWScrnShot_051522_201911.jpg

Last edited:

Damieninabox

Gold Supporter
Senior User
Well, because the tooltip clearly says:

"Stuns the target for 5 sec. Only usable on Frozen Targets. Deals 1680 to 1991 damage to targets that are permanently immune to stuns"

Which means -> if the target is NOT permanently immune to stuns, the stun (freeze) will be applied.

If the target however, IS in FACT permanently immune to stuns (freeze), the spell will instead deal 1680 to 1991 damage.

Will move to invalid, because in fact, is invalid and working as intended.

Used Deep Freeze against Corborus in Stonecore, who is a boss and of course permanently immune to stuns, it dealt damage equal to the tooltip (i had no gear equipped)

Jivani19

Elune Adore (FR)
Gold Supporter
Epic Member
Well, because the tooltip clearly says:

"Stuns the target for 5 sec. Only usable on Frozen Targets. Deals 1680 to 1991 damage to targets that are permanently immune to stuns"

Which means -> if the target is NOT permanently immune to stuns, the stun (freeze) will be applied.

If the target however, IS in FACT permanently immune to stuns (freeze), the spell will instead deal 1680 to 1991 damage.

Will move to invalid, because in fact, is invalid and working as intended.

Used Deep Freeze against Corborus in Stonecore, who is a boss and of course permanently immune to stuns, it dealt damage equal to the tooltip (i had no gear equipped)
I know the mage spell perfectly.
Know that I don't play mage frost since Emucoach but since its release on the official, I can have good crit with this spell no matter the target, the target can be immune to stun but not damage, Freeze damage can crit at 100k +, so I don't know how you can claim that this report is false when it is real and true.
If you don't believe me go look at the mage tutorials since the Official release of Cataclysm, you can see that what I'm saying is true.
And before I post anything, I do a lot of testing on it, I think you should also do the same before throwing bug reports in the trash.

You can see on the screen that the target is immune to the stun but the Deep Freez damage is present. Thanks in advance for your help.
1653279605052.png

Video 28 oct. 2011

Last edited:

Damieninabox

Gold Supporter
Senior User
The initial report never said anything about Deep Freeze damage scaling, it was literally just claiming that it does not deal damage to npcs which are immune to freezes/stuns, you literally just came up with the damage scaling issue behind it.

And also, there is no need to be so toxic in here.

Go make proper reports in first place, don't claim the spell has 1 issue, which is invalid and then just randomly bring up another issue, pretend that everyone else knows about it and then flame a developer for not knowing about it, since it was never a topic in first place.

Kekw