v13 Playerbots

milvax

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Can someone please direct me to the tutorial for setting up and using playerbots in v13?

I changed everything in the world config file in regards to bots but they are never showing up in the game world. I found a link in this forum to a tutorial but the link takes you nowhere (dead link).

Thanks!

Blackvision

Mythical User
Super Moderator
Gold Supporter

milvax

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Thanks. I got it working now. The bots are really pointless. They are all naked and carrying a level 60 weapon, so they are essentially glass cannons. You can equip them with items, but that would take a ton of work to obtain and carry enough gear for 4 bots before entering an instance. I actually did all of the work which took forever and then the server stopped working for a second and kicked me out. When I entered the dungeon all of the bots (plus the 30+ gear items that I equipped on them) completely disappeared and I was stuck in Deadmines solo!

I hope Exo finds a way to have it spawn random fully equipped bots in the future (example mix in level 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 random bots) who have all blue equipment items. This would solve the problem because then I could spawn 5 warriors (then un-invite bots that are not level 20), 5 priests (then un-invite bots that are not level 20), etc....etc...... for the DPS classes. Until this is fixed I'm planning to stick with the Solo repack which is amazing! I hope Exo makes v14, 15, etc.... solo repacks as well! :)

Blackvision

Mythical User
Super Moderator
Gold Supporter
Thanks. I got it working now. The bots are really pointless. They are all naked and carrying a level 60 weapon, so they are essentially glass cannons. You can equip them with items, but that would take a ton of work to obtain and carry enough gear for 4 bots before entering an instance. I actually did all of the work which took forever and then the server stopped working for a second and kicked me out. When I entered the dungeon all of the bots (plus the 30+ gear items that I equipped on them) completely disappeared and I was stuck in Deadmines solo!

I hope Exo finds a way to have it spawn random fully equipped bots in the future (example mix in level 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 random bots) who have all blue equipment items. This would solve the problem because then I could spawn 5 warriors (then un-invite bots that are not level 20), 5 priests (then un-invite bots that are not level 20), etc....etc...... for the DPS classes. Until this is fixed I'm planning to stick with the Solo repack which is amazing! I hope Exo makes v14, 15, etc.... solo repacks as well! :)
ExO is aware that the playerbots are pretty useless in their current stage.
Might change in the nearest future ?

3b799e5388

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Note: This post is about NPCbots, not playerbots.

To obtain NPCbots, you have to have at least VIP version and then type ingame:
.npcbot helper

in worldserver.conf you can change some settings regarding NPCbots.
I personally find a damage multiplier around 2.1 for melee and 1.9 for magic/ranged the best experience for me at the moment.

Regarding the NPCbots themselves:
I did Ragefire Chasm, Blackrock Depths and The Headless horseman without any difficulties, with out-of-the-box settings.
And in regular pve they perform ok.

I had issues though with
Vortex Pinnacle
when one of the playerbots did 'a spell' on a Star the server just hanged: didnt respond to any server commands like 'account onlinelist' or 'server exit', nor did any mob or npc perform any action besides simply standing there.
Apologies for omitting any specifics, for I couldnt determine them at the moment.

Wailing Caverns
the final boss, where the npc's don't do enough aggro and Narilex's disciple dies
did it once though, with a rogue, and might be my own noobness at play here ;)
Update: "damage multiplier tweak in worldserver.conf" and a better player ;) should resolve this 'issue'

Deepmines
the second boss, Helix gearbreaker, doesnt do what its supposed to do.
Either doesnt die and keeps at 1HP
Or picks the player up and starts running, through the wall after which you fall to your death
not entirely sure here if its the playerbots or the dungeon itself tho
Update: this is a bug in the dungeon itself and known

Lost City of the Tol'vir
Third boss, High Prophet Barim , in the second stage, all the playerbots lose health very fast.
I ran this boss maybe 9 times with different tactics, once or twice I reached the third phase with 1 bot left and simply couldnt finish.
played paladin tank myself.
Update: with v13.1 Gold I have completed this dungeon on Heroic setting once. (I was tank, with 4 NPCbots)

Edit:
replaced playerbots with NPCbots
added updates

Last edited:

3b799e5388

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Update: in worldserver.conf I found a "damage multiplier increase" for your NPCbots.
The number can be set between 1 and 10.

I personally found 1 being too low (NPCs don't do enough damage)
and 4 too high (Zul Farrak was a walk in the park).

Littlehelper1987

Verified Member
Update: in worldserver.conf I found a "damage multiplier increase" for your NPCbots.
The number can be set between 1 and 10.

I personally found 1 being too low (NPCs don't do enough damage)
and 4 too high (Zul Farrak was a walk in the park).

yes, i changed it to 3.0 and its cool :)
My Rates for Dungeons/Raids:

Rate.Creature.Normal.Damage = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.Elite.Damage = 0.5
Rate.Creature.Elite.RARE.Damage = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.RAREELITE.Damage = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.WORLDBOSS.Damage = 0.3

Rate.Creature.Normal.SpellDamage = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.Elite.SpellDamage = 0.3
Rate.Creature.Elite.RARE.SpellDamage = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.RAREELITE.SpellDamage = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.WORLDBOSS.SpellDamage = 0.3

Rate.Creature.Normal.HP = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.Elite.HP = 0.7
Rate.Creature.Elite.RARE.HP = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.RAREELITE.HP = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.WORLDBOSS.HP = 0.6

For Heoic its okay, i can do de dungeons with Bots. But Raids are really hard. i wipe on Shannox (Hellfire) always :D
But i dont give up :D But with this Settings is the Server really good.

Likon69

Mythical User
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
yes, i changed it to 3.0 and its cool :)
My Rates for Dungeons/Raids:

Rate.Creature.Normal.Damage = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.Elite.Damage = 0.5
Rate.Creature.Elite.RARE.Damage = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.RAREELITE.Damage = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.WORLDBOSS.Damage = 0.3

Rate.Creature.Normal.SpellDamage = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.Elite.SpellDamage = 0.3
Rate.Creature.Elite.RARE.SpellDamage = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.RAREELITE.SpellDamage = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.WORLDBOSS.SpellDamage = 0.3

Rate.Creature.Normal.HP = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.Elite.HP = 0.7
Rate.Creature.Elite.RARE.HP = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.RAREELITE.HP = 1
Rate.Creature.Elite.WORLDBOSS.HP = 0.6

For Heoic its okay, i can do de dungeons with Bots. But Raids are really hard. i wipe on Shannox (Hellfire) always :D
But i dont give up :D But with this Settings is the Server really good.
Thank you very much, it's much more pleasant now.

tinblue

Verified Member
I think a lot of people in this thread are confusing playerbots with npcbots. I think the original OP started the conversation talking about playerbots. And yes, they are pretty useless. Playerbots cannot act like bots and join instances etc.. They are just there to wander around looking pretty.

3b799e5388

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
yes, guilty here!
I was confused by the terminology.
Thanks for explaining the difference.

So, getting back ontopic about playerbots:
how do one set them up?
Would be nice to fill the settlements with some 'players' to make the cities look and feel less empty...

Blackvision

Mythical User
Super Moderator
Gold Supporter
yes, guilty here!
I was confused by the terminology.
Thanks for explaining the difference.

So, getting back ontopic about playerbots:
how do one set them up?
Would be nice to fill the settlements with some 'players' to make the cities look and feel less empty...
what i did, was to gear them up one by one, and after placing them in different locations.
i think i had 60+ running around.

Jenniy

I collect profile flairs.
Silver Supporter
Senior User
what i did, was to gear them up one by one, and after placing them in different locations.
i think i had 60+ running around.
As a sort of half Joke; Would you consider throwing up a sql script on here with your shiny 'NPC - Players'? I've personally been needing to get around to doing this for quite a while but haven't had the time, and I'm sure a lot of other people might benefit from a 'premade' batch of characters they can readily import.