Unable to rename NPC

hades68

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
I've been trying to create my own vendor in the VIP GOLD 14.0: [FUN/SOLO VIP Version] Cataclysm 4.3.4 Repack, using an existing NPC which is not already spawned in the world. I changed the name and the npcflag in the creature_template table, and added a few items for it in the npc_vendor table.

Now the vendor part works perfectly, the items I added are listed in the vendor when I click on it in world, however the name displayed above it has not changed to reflect what I entered in the creature_template table. Oddly when do a .list creature command with the entry for the NPC, the updated name appears there, just not above the NPC's head.

As a side note, I did try to create an entirely new NPC in the creature_template table for the vendor, using an existing model, but when I spawn it in world it's invisible.

Any help would be appreciated.

brian8544

Gold Supporter
Senior User
Try removing the Cache folder in your World of Warcraft client folder. This is the most common mistake people make, cause it's just so simple. I don't see you've stated this in your topic, so this could be worth a try.

Let us know! :)