Tips for buying a new computer

Eikichi

Veteran Member
Verified Member
Hello everyone, i need your opinions about a purchase i need to make in the recent future, my budget is 700 €, i want to buy a laptop/notebook for his versatility and becuase i never owned one, but i really love my Desktop PC (it's a bit old and i don't want to improve it i will gift it to my little brother for studying and playing) and i want to replace it with a new one, since i'm really not very good to install GPU and CPUs and other stuff i'm not even considering to build one, with that similar budget (it's not so high) i can afford good components but i want a premade machine since in the future i will have less time to play but i want to improve the quality of it, i'm not a fps hunter i just want a good graphic with stable fps all around i don't bother if in a BFA raid i reach 30fps at medium settings, it would be awsome for me.

i was thinking about something similar:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 or AMD FX 8300
CPU SPEED: Info
RAM: 4GB RAM (8GB if using supported integrated graphics)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon RX 560 or Intel UHD 630 (45W)
PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
FREE DISK SPACE: 100 GB

do you think i can do it with 700 € ? Sorry for not be so expert in the subject i always bought what i supposed was good in a store and never thought about graphic settings and other stuff, since i'm struggling even in Legion at low settings i need to consider to buy something as soon as possible. Thank you a lot.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Hello everyone, i need your opinions about a purchase i need to make in the recent future, my budget is 700 €, i want to buy a laptop/notebook for his versatility and becuase i never owned one, but i really love my Desktop PC (it's a bit old and i don't want to improve it i will gift it to my little brother for studying and playing) and i want to replace it with a new one, since i'm really not very good to install GPU and CPUs and other stuff i'm not even considering to build one, with that similar budget (it's not so high) i can afford good components but i want a premade machine since in the future i will have less time to play but i want to improve the quality of it, i'm not a fps hunter i just want a good graphic with stable fps all around i don't bother if in a BFA raid i reach 30fps at medium settings, it would be awsome for me.

FREE DISK SPACE: 100 GB

do you think i can do it with 700 € ? Sorry for not be so expert in the subject i always bought what i supposed was good in a store and never thought about graphic settings and other stuff, since i'm struggling even in Legion at low settings i need to consider to buy something as soon as possible. Thank you a lot.

If you're not looking for anything big, a pre-built computer would probably not be that bad of an idea. If you bought a pre-built from dell, then upgrade/install a graphics card, then it'd run just fine. In fact you can probably get a better PC than what you're looking for, for around $500 USD, leaving enough room in the budget for a good graphics card - just make sure the case and motherboard is big enough to support it.
For my main PC, I used OriginPC, and chose a pre-built configuration and selected all the parts I wanted, and they built it for me and sent it over. It's a bit more expensive than what your budget is since I chose a lot of higher-tier options though.

If you're looking to build a PC yourself, you can use:
System Builder - PCPartPicker
It lets you pick out the parts you want, all while doing compatibility checks to make sure the PC will actually fit - just make sure to read any and all warnings / messages that pop up from them, especially at the bottom near the price.
I used them to build a home-theater PC - I ended up way over budget though due to lack of planning, so just do research into parts and you'll be fine.

bertramegon

Trial Member
1. Research the specs of the computer you need: Before you start shopping, it's important to know what kind of computer you need. Consider the type of processor and memory you need for the tasks you plan to do.
2. Set a budget: Decide how much you can afford to spend and stick to it.
3. Compare different brands: Look at reviews and compare the features of different brands to find the best value.4. Check the warranty: Make sure you understand the terms of the warranty and what kind of support is offered.

HoxeOo

Trial Member
FREE DISK SPACE: 100GB
G Switch

It's already 2023, the machine configuration has also changed a lot. Do you have a better configuration?

Misterwack

Trial Member
With €700, you should be able to find a decent laptop that meets your requirements. Look for models with at least an Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 processor, 8GB of RAM, and a dedicated graphics card like the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon RX 560 for smoother gaming performance. Don't forget to check for storage space and display quality, too! It's all about finding the right balance between performance and affordability. Good luck with your search!
I was just wondering how you did on that. It's always interesting to hear about others' experiences with finding the perfect computer.
If you're still exploring options, I think I found a really good laptop for photoshop. Let me know if you'd like more details!

Last edited: