Thread prefix's

stinkyjoint

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
please, can we add thread prefix's for the 4.3.4 - Database Fixes [EmuCoach Repack - Unofficial fixes] for example [QUEST] [ITEM] [NPC] [LOOT], etc so that people can easily tell what is being fixed?

eyerobot

Gold Supporter
Superior Member
If your talking about location threads for each area, Like the old wow websites have, I would rather not do that. Yeah it's easier to read, But it's a pain in the butt to submit a fix that way. Because when i'm working on an area, I might notice a console error, And jump over and fix that. Then i have to navigate all those folders again to submit it.
It would probably be a better idea to start adding map names to the fixes. I'll try to remember to do that.
Also this is the unnoficial bug fix forum. Not an actual developer forum. I like to use it because it makes the fixes available to anyone that is willing to run an sql query. This keeps people from hoarding data on only their server. And those paid private servers that claim to fix everything themselves will have no advantage over the free servers. Unless of course, They actually do the work themselves, But the odds on that happening are pretty slim.

stinkyjoint

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
If your talking about location threads for each area, Like the old wow websites have, I would rather not do that. Yeah it's easier to read, But it's a pain in the butt to submit a fix that way. Because when i'm working on an area, I might notice a console error, And jump over and fix that. Then i have to navigate all those folders again to submit it.
It would probably be a better idea to start adding map names to the fixes. I'll try to remember to do that.
Also this is the unnoficial bug fix forum. Not an actual developer forum. I like to use it because it makes the fixes available to anyone that is willing to run an sql query. This keeps people from hoarding data on only their server. And those paid private servers that claim to fix everything themselves will have no advantage over the free servers. Unless of course, They actually do the work themselves, But the odds on that happening are pretty slim.

the way i mean is in the thread title it will say [QUEST] etc like this

https://imgur.com/Q5zbIX2
https://imgur.com/R1a32YS

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
the way i mean is in the thread title it will say [QUEST] etc like this

https://imgur.com/Q5zbIX2
https://imgur.com/R1a32YS

I knew exactly what you meant when I saw the thread title in the 'New Posts' page, and I completely agree.
Will see about getting it added soon, but no promises.

It wouldn't be any new sections, all it does is add a bit of text next to the thread title.
This thread title is 'Thread prefix's', so basically it'd look like this, with a prefix:
[Suggestion] Thread prefix's

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
please, can we add thread prefix's for the 4.3.4 - Database Fixes [EmuCoach Repack - Unofficial fixes] for example [QUEST] [ITEM] [NPC] [LOOT], etc so that people can easily tell what is being fixed?

The prefixes have been added to that section.
More prefixes may or may not come soon to other sections, depending on what it might need.

Thanks for the suggestion!