The Nexus - Crystalline Frayers V14

kureji

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
So I was running The Nexus on normal and I noticed that the Crysalline Frayers levels were all over the place. Checking the database it showed level 66-80. That didn't mesh with what I remember from my WOTLK days so I looked up what they should be. Took me a while to finally find a video of normal nexus run but it looks like they should all be level 71 in normal which is what I remembered. Here is the patch to fix it:
SQL:
-- https://www.wowhead.com/npc=26793/crystalline-frayer
UPDATE creature_template SET minlevel=71, maxlevel=71 WHERE entry=26793; -- fixes level scale correct for normal

Blackvision

Mythical User
Super Moderator
Gold Supporter
So I was running The Nexus on normal and I noticed that the Crysalline Frayers levels were all over the place. Checking the database it showed level 66-80. That didn't mesh with what I remember from my WOTLK days so I looked up what they should be. Took me a while to finally find a video of normal nexus run but it looks like they should all be level 71 in normal which is what I remembered. Here is the patch to fix it:
SQL:
-- https://www.wowhead.com/npc=26793/crystalline-frayer
UPDATE creature_template SET minlevel=71, maxlevel=71 WHERE entry=26793; -- fixes level scale correct for normal
Were you able to complete the Nexus ?
To my knowledge the drakes you are given after 1 boss is broken.

kureji

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
I was able to complete the Nexus but I don't remember the part with the drakes, that part may still be broken but I was able to beat every boss and complete all the quests. Well now that I think about it.. there was a room with a skull on the map but I couldn't figure out how to make a boss appear, maybe that's what you're referring to?

orangefire

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
I haven't run Nexus on this server yet, and it's been a little while since I've run it at all, but I don't remember being given drakes anywhere in that dungeon. I do remember being given Drakes in Oculus, the other dungeon in the same area. Could that be the one you're thinking of.

Blackvision

Mythical User
Super Moderator
Gold Supporter
I haven't run Nexus on this server yet, and it's been a little while since I've run it at all, but I don't remember being given drakes anywhere in that dungeon. I do remember being given Drakes in Oculus, the other dungeon in the same area. Could that be the one you're thinking of.
Lol forget what i just wrote, mixing up the dungeons just now 🤣