Stuck on Worgen stockades

bensaret

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Started playing the worgen starting area and got as far as just after the cutscene where the worgens attack the cathedral. When it goes back to the actual game, it shows my character in worgen form stuck in the stockades, but there's no npc's nearby to let me go so I'm stuck in the stockades and can't continue from here, any help would be appreciated please!

And if it helps, I'm using the current VIP repack, and Cataclysm 4.3.4

LKarthas

Senior User
Superior Member
need to check on that, there should be the king near to you seems to be stucked on phase yet, pheraps a hotfix will be released

bensaret

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
need to check on that, there should be the king near to you seems to be stucked on phase yet, pheraps a hotfix will be released

I also notice under the worldserver.exe window that when that problem happens it keeps saying repeatedly: WorldSession::ReadMovementInfo: No movement sequence found for opcode 0x41D449E8

I deleted my character and tried to see if this would happen again, and the same thing happened with my character stuck in the stocks and no one to release him. Would the client I'm using affect this? I'm using the complete download that I got here: http://www.emucoach.com/showthread....-Cataclysm-Download-(No-Background-downloader it's the download that required me to reply to the post to get it.

bensaret

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Hmm, just tried something right now, but I went and typed in: .gm on and the king suddenly appeared there with the quest I needed to be released. I then typed in .gm off and the king with the quest was still there. So perhaps by having gm access on my account might have affected the scripting for the character? I dunno, but at least my character is free from the stocks. I hope this info will help with any future development.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Hmm, just tried something right now, but I went and typed in: .gm on and the king suddenly appeared there with the quest I needed to be released. I then typed in .gm off and the king with the quest was still there. So perhaps by having gm access on my account might have affected the scripting for the character? I dunno, but at least my character is free from the stocks. I hope this info will help with any future development.

The client shouldn't cause this, like you asked in the post before.
There are some phasing issues with NPC's around the server, and I think they're somewhat hard to pick up sometimes unless the developers or bug testers play the game through, but not in GM mode, so it takes time to fix these.

Thanks for the report, and hopefully there aren't too many more (if any) phasing issues. If you find any more, please report them in the bug reports section to help prevent these problems in future releases.

bensaret

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
There are some phasing issues with NPC's around the server, and I think they're somewhat hard to pick up sometimes unless the developers or bug testers play the game through, but not in GM mode, so it takes time to fix these.

Thanks for the report, and hopefully there aren't too many more (if any) phasing issues. If you find any more, please report them in the bug reports section to help prevent these problems in future releases.

Will do! Thanks!

Methusalem

Gold Supporter
Senior User

Worgen Area bug

Last Stand .quest 14222 Ends in Duskhaven after a video sequence. You are in stockades and now a worgen.

King Genn Greymane 36332 SHOULD BE standing beside you with the quest after the prior video sequel where you turned worgen. But when the video ends? He is not showing, or still "phased out maybe?" . (Last Chance at Humanity 14375) But he is missing. [Repeated this with 5 worgen. Same end result til the fix i used] This quest is required as you "phase properly" to continue questing after you accept his quest, and turn it back in to him. Otherwise you stay in the stocks "phased out" even dying, or .tele will leave you "hunched over like in the stockades still" unable to continue. I even did .tele dalaran, and appeared there "still hunched over like in stocks! :D lol: I was able to add him (.add npc 36332), and he had the needed quest upon spawning. So it IS in the database. He just needs added properly. My way will work, but it has to be did on everyones repack + he spawns right against your as_ behind you. You are bent over rather awkwardly, and.... Well... you get the picture. It just looks... wrong! lol :D After you turn in quest however he is no longer behind you. :p Until this is fixed however? Spawning him will work. And he remains spawned, or at least did on my server.

Last edited:

swedishchefborkbork

Verified Member

Can confirm this worked for me too

HenryVub

Trial Member
This is not happening on keyboard

Getting stuck in ADS was also happening but I switched to Toggle option and that resolved that issue. Could this be a power issue?

lore7460

Trial Member
Saw that no one has posted a fix for this.
Here is a fix for the npc to work for everyone.

update `emucoach-world`.creature set phaseMask = 3 where id = 36332

restart the worldserver and that npc should now be visible.