[Solved] VIP 4.3.4 worldserver.conf broken?

CraigShaw

Veteran Member
Hi, all. I just updated to the VIP versions, but I'm running into various problems. (The main one being that the Worgen zone isn't working for me which is why i bought it...)

The other is that changes that I make to the worldserver.conf file don't seem to have any effect on the game. Forexample, if I change the experience rates or set the starting player money, these don't have any effect in the game.

Is the data locked somehow? The changes are showing the text conf file but don't take effect in game?

ExO

Admin
Hi,

I am unable to reproduce the issue. Works just fine for me. I have tried to re-produce the issue, but without any changes.
We haven't locked anything :)

Make sure you're modifying the worldserver.conf, and not the worldserver.conf.dist, and tahat you actually restart the server afterwards.

CraigShaw

Veteran Member
Hi,

I am unable to reproduce the issue. Works just fine for me. I have tried to re-produce the issue, but without any changes.
We haven't locked anything :)

Make sure you're modifying the worldserver.conf, and not the worldserver.conf.dist, and tahat you actually restart the server afterwards.
Thanks. I'm definitely editing the conf and not conf.dist and then restarting the worldserver. Maybe something is residual in memory. I'll try again by flushing and restarting everything (not just worldserver) and see if it helps.

CraigShaw

Veteran Member
For anyone following this post, I found the error. I run through Linux and it was caused by the runtime interpretation of WINE 6.4. Dropped down to WINE 6.0 and problem is gone.