(SOLVED) Login not valid error (4.3.4)

wowjoscmoe

Trial Member
When I try to log into my server (4.3,4 repack) I receive and error saying the login information is not valid.

I have tried with 2 different accounts I created and I am positive I can type lol

CraigShaw

Veteran Member
Have you changed your realmlist? This error is normally caused when the client isn't pointed to the server.

The location of your realmlist will depend on your client version. In Cataclysm it is: ./Data/enGB/realmlist.wtf
(where enGB is your chosen client language).

You will need to open that file and look for the SET REALMLIST "XXXXXXXX" line.
What the "XXXXXXX" is will depend on your download, but for running on your PC just for yourself you can set to either "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" (both are the same thing).

Sorry, this is a bit rough and hope this helps.

wowjoscmoe

Trial Member
Well duh that did the trick. I forgot about that file hiding in the data folder. Thanks so much for your help

Brand new to EmuCoach! Love what I see in these forums!

I am having this same issue as in this thread. The WoW 4.3.4 client cannot connect to the server. I have tried setting

SET realmlist "localhost"
SET realmlist "127.0.0.1"
SET realmlist localhost
SET realmlist 127.0.0.1

On all three files:

WTF\Config.wtf
\Data\enGB\realmlist.wtf
\Data\enUS\realmlist.wtf

Still same results... seems client is not contacting server.

\Logs\connection.log shows:

GRUNT: state: LOGIN_STATE_FAILED result: LOGIN_NO_BATTLENET_MANAGER

Maybe I need patch WoW.exe? Unsure if the exe is the issue...

My connection issue was due to the account name format I was using. I thought the format needed a "@" character, like "user@wow", and created an account using that format. Using that format led to the connection issue. I switch to an account without the "@" symbol and was able to connect fine.