[Solved] Having trouble entering my own realm

Finally after getting a little help I was able to start my own server.

The problem I have now is that I cannot log in from a different computer on the same local network.Other people from outside the network can connect without problems, and I from the computer that I use to host also using the local address (127.0.0.1) but when I connect from another computer, it stays for a while connecting and it goes to the realm selection screen which does not pass, every time I select the realm freezes for a few seconds and returns to the realm selection screen.
As I said, it only happens when I try to connect from another computer on the same local network

What should I do?

Last edited:

Jenniy

I collect profile flairs.
Silver Supporter
Senior User
My usual suggested fix for this is to try changing the localhost address (127.0.0.1) to the physical address ( usually something like 192.168.1.xx ) of the computer that is running the server and see if that fixes it. There's also the obligatory "firewall" and "client pointing to the correct address" questions to be asked as well.

To that extent, Is your LAN client point to the correct address of the computer? The clients outside obviously need to be pointed at your WAN address, but if you're on the LAN computers prefer to be pointed directly to the machine they are trying to connect to, not out 'to the internet' and back.

It works now changing the localhost address of the server to the local address of the pc (in this case 192.168.0.99). Thank you!

Jenniy

I collect profile flairs.
Silver Supporter
Senior User
I'm glad it worked! Have fun conquering Azeroth with your friends!

cdavey86

Verified Member
My usual suggested fix for this is to try changing the localhost address (127.0.0.1) to the physical address ( usually something like 192.168.1.xx ) of the computer that is running the server and see if that fixes it. There's also the obligatory "firewall" and "client pointing to the correct address" questions to be asked as well.

To that extent, Is your LAN client point to the correct address of the computer? The clients outside obviously need to be pointed at your WAN address, but if you're on the LAN computers prefer to be pointed directly to the machine they are trying to connect to, not out 'to the internet' and back.
sorry to bring up an old thread. I am having the same problems. I changed the IP address to the physical box from 127.0.0.1. I am still having a connecting issue. I changed the firewall setting to allow the 4.3.4 cataclysm through. I click on the EmuCoach Repack realm and it says " logging into game server" then does nothing. What do you suggest?

Sikuri

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
sorry to bring up an old thread. I am having the same problems. I changed the IP address to the physical box from 127.0.0.1. I am still having a connecting issue. I changed the firewall setting to allow the 4.3.4 cataclysm through. I click on the EmuCoach Repack realm and it says " logging into game server" then does nothing. What do you suggest?
Hi there,
Did you find a fix for this?