[SOLVED] Authserver sends wrong realm IP to client - 4.3.4 Blizzlike Cataclysm - v.7

StrangelyGlowingGuy

Trial Member
Hi everone,

-------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Issue is solved. Turns out I'm an idiot ;)
I changed the default values in the database, and not the actual data itself. Going to the tab "Data" in HeidiSQL let me edit the actual values.
Works flawlessly now!
1628507636858.png

------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having a peculiar issue with setting up a server in my local LAN for testing.
The database, worldserver and authserver are running and are accessible, ports are reachable. Local IP is 10.0.22.14 in a DMZ.
I can successfully log in to the server from my client network, but I cannot connect to the realm itself. (Loads a few seconds, then falls back to realm list)

LoginScreen.PNG

I think I know already what the problem is too:
I have set the realmlist in the database to the local server IP of 10.0.22.14, but the Authserver would not take these settings.
Database-Realmlist.PNG

It is always starting with the default realm setting of 127.0.0.1 and default name "Emucoach Free 7.0".
AuthServer.PNG

All configs and DB are unchanged, except for the BindIP entries in the two configs (set to the local server IP) and realmlist DB.

To confirm, I have done a network trace where I can also see the server sending the 127.0.0.1 as the realm IP in it's return answer, which of course won't work when the client is on a different IP.
NetworkTrace.PNG

I have also tried scrapping everything and re-doing it, while only changing the "address" in the realmlist, and nothing else. No dice.

Any ideas what might prevent the Authserver from sending the correct info ("TestRealm" on 10.0.22.14) to the client?

Thanks!

Last edited:

meatsack

Trial Member
You genius! I've been at this three hours!! Thank you!!!

I think that means we're both idiots, you're just the smarter idiot ;):ROFLMAO:

StrangelyGlowingGuy

Trial Member
You genius! I've been at this three hours!! Thank you!!!

I think that means we're both idiots, you're just the smarter idiot ;):ROFLMAO:

Glad I could be of help with this post, even after some months :D
I think I eventually got it by seeing some picture of the "data" tab somewhere, because I was just blind it seems.
Was my first time directly editing with HeidiSQL.
Sometimes it's just like that, troubleshooting for hours until I realize "ah crap forgot a single checkbox or had a typo somewhere"...

meatsack

Trial Member
Glad I could be of help with this post, even after some months :D
I think I eventually got it by seeing some picture of the "data" tab somewhere, because I was just blind it seems.
Was my first time directly editing with HeidiSQL.
Sometimes it's just like that, troubleshooting for hours until I realize "ah crap forgot a single checkbox or had a typo somewhere"...
Oh yeah! I totally understand!! Mine too!