Rules and Licensing?

Tress

MoP Premium
Veteran Member
I'm trying to find the general rules for the site and a FAQ for how the licensing works. Does anyone have a link to the section of this forum that would have that information?

Kinda want to know the does and don't before jumping on the donation train. Any help would be appreciated!!

Tress

MoP Premium
Veteran Member
So I apparently didn't word that well... like how does the license work and what invalidates your license?

Tress

MoP Premium
Veteran Member
Found my answer after deep diving Discord somewhat.

License Installation Semi rules:
Also when prompting World server first time
IT Will ask for a license key
That key can u generate on the forums nav menu at the top
Theres a button labeled generate license
Its a one time use
So if u want to host it
Do it there, because when u move IT the key is invalid. Exo can generate a new one for u but its a manual process which means u Will have to wait until his available

License Invalidation:
Usually it’s HWID, or if the source to where key is stored is changed.
It shouldn’t be from folder change, something else triggers it - if it happens when doing so
## It is also recommended not to move your _Server folder after you have registered the license key

I wanted to know since I would be running my server on a VM. Saw a brief post about the key being invalidated and wanted to know what caused that.

Also for anyone else curious:
Question: what happens after 1 year passes?
do I simply lose access in vip forum section?

Answer:
Yep and whatever updates released after that time you don’t get
You keep access to the current version, but will be unable to generate any new license keys
The license key doesn't typically just become un-validated on its own - and before you switch just ask ExO to reset your license key. As long as he's available it should be a fairly quick process.

ExO

Admin
Hi @Tress

That's right. The license is based on HWid, and you will still have access after the 1 year pass (if you choose the 1 year subscription) :)

Best Regards!

xxdolcexx

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
its really annoying that license stuffy still wating for new i buy many new pc and then there nomore valid really annoying

Likon69

Mythical User
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
its really annoying that license stuffy still wating for new i buy many new pc and then there nomore valid really annoying
You don't buy a PC every day... You can always ask Exo for a new key.
If you know a better way to protect the content and not disturb people too much, suggest it.