Requesting Assistance: Non-working DLLs?

Keric

Verified Member
Requesting Assistance: DLLs Not Working?

Hey there, EmuCoach forums. So I'll just get straight to the point (and to the point of the title): I've downloaded all parts of the repack as well as the supposed missing DLL files I'm missing (MSVCP120.dll and SSLEAY32.dll). I've tried placing the DLL files in my System32 folder and attempted to run the Authserver and Worldserver applications, only to come up with an error, saying that they don't exist and cannot be located. I tried placing them in the folder containing the Authserver and Worldserver applications. Authserver gives the same problem/notice as before, while Wordserver gives me a more specific address issue, though I cannot make anything of it.

If anyone could assist me, that would be great and much appreciated.

Last edited:

Keric

Verified Member
Hey, cliffsmits, thanks for the assistance. Now I'm coming across more errors at this point. I already have a higher version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 installed, already. After obtaining LIBEAY32.dll (after the Authserver.exe asked for it, after placing SSLEAY32.dll in the folder), I tried once more and I get a new error now: "The procedure entry point CRYPTO_memcmp could not be location in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll." I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but this all just seems troublesome just to run a single repack, just so I can go explore one zone on Kalimdor...

It might be possible that I'm just brain dead, but the last time I ever did anything related to World of Warcraft emulation was well over four years ago, and a whole lot of everything seems to have changed now.

So yeah, neither of the DLL files did anything, except for ask for another, and I could not install the MVC++2010 package seeing as I have a higher version (and probably lower versions thanks to Steam).

A quick edit: Apparently the application error is stated as "(0xc000007b)", and I'm not sure where to go off from this. This is happening to both Authserver and Worldserver applications.

Last edited:

cliffsmits

Senior User
Superior Member
do you use a repack or a self compiled server?

cause it may be autdated the auth.exe and the wolrd.exe.

i had the same issue yesterday what you have on my vps but i installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and evreything worked smooth .

i can also help you with teamviewer when i am home after work.

add me on skype cliffsmits

Keric

Verified Member
I am using a repack, straight from the forums/OwnedCore, EmuCoach's Official 4.3.4 repack. Everything is straight out of there, nowhere else. I will consider adding you to Skype, though I would hope to avoid needing to go straight to TeamViewer to solve this mess.

Keric

Verified Member
Nada. Nothing. I still get the same "(0xc000007b)" error as before. I thought there might be a problem like this that someone else had and I checked the rest of the forums (which I didn't realize my NoScript addon was hiding at the time), and found some people had the exact same issue. Only problem is? Their solution didn't work for me at all. This is really just...disappointing. The DLLs are probably fine, I just don't know what's wrong with the applications. I even re-downloaded them, too, and I still get the same results: That error code when ever I try to run either the Authserver or Worldserver applications.

Keric

Verified Member
It's entirely possible that it could just be something wrong with my computer; perhaps I'm missing a program or a key file, or something is in the wrong place. Hell, might even be a bad cluster for all I know.

Regardless, thank you, cliffsmits.

Keric

Verified Member
Okay, just posting a quick update: I've re-downloaded all the files and have attempted to restart from the beginning, but with no success. I've tried every other similar solution to every problem that is similar to mine that I've come across on this forum and nothing has worked. I'm genuinely baffled at this point as I still can't identify what's wrong.

Medivh85

Verified Member
i have the same issues as well. i have 3 missing dll files libeay32.dll, ssleay32.dll, and vcruntime140_1.dll i basicly did the same thing, uninstalled the visual c++es and the everything related to that, and tried to the mentioned methods above, but none of them worked at all.
at this point i dont know what to do, i have installed openssl and everything what was mentioned, and nothing. also worth mentioning the missing ddl's are also not inside at any folder on my computer i did a very detailed search on it including system files. its just not there.
further more i dont know what system were used on this emulator: [NEW REPACK] 7.3.5 LEGION WoW Repack - WoW Legion 7.3.5 Repack - Blizzlike & Fun 32bit or 64 bit? nothing is cleared for me with this repac at all :(

Rose

Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
i have the same issues as well. i have 3 missing dll files libeay32.dll, ssleay32.dll, and vcruntime140_1.dll i basicly did the same thing, uninstalled the visual c++es and the everything related to that, and tried to the mentioned methods above, but none of them worked at all.
at this point i dont know what to do, i have installed openssl and everything what was mentioned, and nothing. also worth mentioning the missing ddl's are also not inside at any folder on my computer i did a very detailed search on it including system files. its just not there.
further more i dont know what system were used on this emulator: [NEW REPACK] 7.3.5 LEGION WoW Repack - WoW Legion 7.3.5 Repack - Blizzlike & Fun 32bit or 64 bit? nothing is cleared for me with this repac at all :(

From my experiences of overcoming missing DLL issues in getting various versions of Vanilla and Cataclysm server to work:

I think that whether you need 32-bit or 64-bit DLLs depends upon whether the server 'exe' files have been compiled as 32-bit or 64-bit. If in doubt, you could make sure that BOTH 32-bit and 64-bit DLLs are available in their proper places. I gather that (on a 64-bit Windows installation) 32-bit DLLs should be in 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64' and 64-bit DLLs should be in 'C:\Windows\System32'. (That sounds backwards, but I think it's correct.) Do make sure you copy each into their proper place: I think that if you accidentally put the 32-bit ones into 'C:\Windows\System32', that won't work.

The 'libeay' and 'ssleay' DLLs are OpenSSL. The 'vcruntime' type files are from Visual C++ Redistributable packages. I think (but only think) that '140' may be the 2015 version of this (from Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 download page), and as before you'd need to install the correct one (32-bit or 64-bit) to correspond with your server's 'exe' files (but again, you could install both if in doubt). For these, you don't have to worry where the DLLs should go because they should be installed to the correct place.

Good luck.

Medivh85

Verified Member
Thank you very much for your help it did worked out finaly. but the only one issue i have now is when i lunch the world server it shuts down fast i was abel to sprint screen it what is going on

Here is the screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/yeRztRl.jpg
the list ends there and the worldserver is shuting down, windows says worldserver aplication stoped working.
Honestly i dont know what went wrong. i haven not modified anything from the files at all. i tried to google the issue but i couldnt found anything relatable to this. Can you help me out please? :)

ExO

Admin
Thank you very much for your help it did worked out finaly. but the only one issue i have now is when i lunch the world server it shuts down fast i was abel to sprint screen it what is going on

Here is the screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/yeRztRl.jpg
the list ends there and the worldserver is shuting down, windows says worldserver aplication stoped working.
Honestly i dont know what went wrong. i haven not modified anything from the files at all. i tried to google the issue but i couldnt found anything relatable to this. Can you help me out please? :)

Are these mentioned files in the screenshot actually in the gt folder? Are you sure they're in the right path, next to the worldserver (in a subfolder called gt?)

Medivh85

Verified Member
yes they are thats why i am confused about it, i have cheked it.
EDIT: sorry i was blind, nope they were in a diferent folder i have placed there wher you said it it was making progress for sure but then it stoped workign at this line

https://i.imgur.com/SJcRZ5y.jpg

Last edited:

Medivh85

Verified Member
Are these mentioned files in the screenshot actually in the gt folder? Are you sure they're in the right path, next to the worldserver (in a subfolder called gt?)

In case if you need more detials i have uploaded my server log file so you can chek it out.

Server

PickleSniper

MoP Premium
Veteran Member
From my experiences of overcoming missing DLL issues in getting various versions of Vanilla and Cataclysm server to work:

I think that whether you need 32-bit or 64-bit DLLs depends upon whether the server 'exe' files have been compiled as 32-bit or 64-bit. If in doubt, you could make sure that BOTH 32-bit and 64-bit DLLs are available in their proper places. I gather that (on a 64-bit Windows installation) 32-bit DLLs should be in 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64' and 64-bit DLLs should be in 'C:\Windows\System32'. (That sounds backwards, but I think it's correct.) Do make sure you copy each into their proper place: I think that if you accidentally put the 32-bit ones into 'C:\Windows\System32', that won't work.

The 'libeay' and 'ssleay' DLLs are OpenSSL. The 'vcruntime' type files are from Visual C++ Redistributable packages. I think (but only think) that '140' may be the 2015 version of this (from Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 download page), and as before you'd need to install the correct one (32-bit or 64-bit) to correspond with your server's 'exe' files (but again, you could install both if in doubt). For these, you don't have to worry where the DLLs should go because they should be installed to the correct place.

Good luck.
I have done each and every one of these things before. I find that I just have issues with certain repacks running. I host them on 8.1 systems in hyper-v on my poweredge server to run multiple instances of the game.