Repacks with Apache? Why?

windygamer

Verified Member
I've looked into a few Repacks over the last few weeks. I'm playing a stable version of WotLK and trying to get a Cata server going.

All the repacks I've seen include Apache. But there is no content - I mean no web pages - that I can find in the Apache distro. My WotLK server works fine without starting up Apache. And the Cata servers I've looked at don't have anything in htdocs - nada, empty, null.

So, why is Apache part of every Repack? I guess I get it when the repack includes WAMP since it's probably harder to rip it out than include it.

Does anybody make a simple set of pages for a repack that can talk to the Worldserver to make and manage accounts?
I get that if you are gonna make a public [private] server - Well we all know what I mean. - that you are going to have to make a whole website for your clients.

But if someone knows how, are there ways to put up some really simple pages to manage account for my PRIVATE [PRIVATE] server? That is, the server that is only accessible on my LAN.

Thanks a ton,
wg

ExO

Admin
Interesting thread, it's there because a lot of repacks are using a portable server with mysql & apache included. It's simply there in case users want a website. Imagine guy X wanting a website, but the portable MySQL doesn't support it, then he'd need to download something like Wamp etc.

The user can always download a website here; http://www.emucoach.com/forumdisplay.php?49-Websites-amp-Web-tools :)

windygamer

Verified Member
Oh, I see. Now I know where to look. Vhero's simple page is just what I need to create all those accounts to satisfy my Altoholic afflictions. :cool:
I'll leave him a nice note.

wg

zarovavelilya

Verified Member
Web sites are not necessary content on repack's. You can search a templates for you. I think this part of work, that you need to do by yourself :p