NPCBots (How To) - EmuCoach Repack 4.3.4

ExO

Admin
NPCBots are currently running on version 8.1 of the Emucoach repack, cataclysm (VIP), and above.

The free version does not contain Playerbots so if you want playerbots/single player playing with dungeons, bgs etc, you'll have to donate.
By donating there are many advantages. A lot of unique releases, more fixes to the repack, faster releases, extra forum privileges + donation rank on the forums.

Anyways! Enough, lets get to the actual content;
How to setup and use the playerbots/npcbots on the Emucoach repack.

In the VIP worldserver.conf we have this configured:
Bot.EnableNpcBots = 1

Along with many other settings that you can configure if you want to make changes, etc.

So, how do you use the playerbots?
It's rather simple. It's already included in the newest VIP repack, and ready to get used.

Below you'll see a list of commands and description along the way on how to use the Playerbots.

* .npcbot (.npcb) - get list of possible subcommands. They are:
** add <botclass> - creates random bot of given class to selected player. Use on self
** remove (rem) - removes selected npcbot. NOTE: If you select self it will remove ALL npcbots
** command (c) ...
*** follow (fol, f) - puts all your bots to follow you (out of combat)
*** stay (st, s) - makes all your bots hold position (out of combat)
** reset (res) - recreates selected npcbot (or all of them if selected self)
** distance (dist, d) - sets bot follow distance. If used by party leader in instance will affect whole group. This parameter defines attack range and distance bots keep while following.
*** Formulas:
*** Attack distance = 0.72 * follow distance (which you set with this command);
*** Distance bots keep while following (visual) = follow distance + (follow distance - 10) * 4; (min: 0, max: 35)
** info (in) - shows npcbots info (amount owned, classes, alive amount etc.). If used on yourself it will show each bot party member's info (including you)
* Debug Text Emote commands:
** /bonk - lists selected npcbot's stats
** /salute - lists your stats
Also:
** There is .maintank (.main) command that sets npcbot maintank in your party (minimum of 3 members). Bot maintank gets additional avoidance, damage reduction and health
** To add/remove npcbot you can use gossip-like menu (.npcbot helper). You can also create macros.

Thanks to Jcarter4562 for the base, and the command list.

Also,
when you add a bot (.npcb add warrior) remember to target yourself.
And the command .npcbot helper is very helpful to spawn the bots as well.

That's... it folks! Pretty simple right? If you have questions, feel free to post below or in the VIP section.

Last edited:

ravish123

Gold Supporter
Senior User
Is there any way to equip the bots with gear via commands? I'm downloading it but just wondering so I haven't taken a look at the commands.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Is there any way to equip the bots with gear via commands? I'm downloading it but just wondering so I haven't taken a look at the commands.

So far I haven't seen anything in the commands or the setup tutorial about adding gear.
I think you can set their defenses or damage or something though in the config, not sure as I haven't downloaded/setup the latest version yet.

dew1960

Gold Supporter
Awesome! Downloading and setting up 8.1 now. I am excited about this new feature. Nice work. :)

HBellz

Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
Is there a way to make these noobs stop and drink to replenish manager/health? they seem to keep charging along without a care that they can't cast lol.

pkman

Veteran Member
Verified Member
I would also like to know more about the bots...which are npcbots and not playerbots as the op states. Playerbots are a totally different animal. With playerbots you can summon your own characters to play with. They can also be randomly generated throughout the world. They can also que up against you for bgs.
These npcbots are some of the worst I have ever played with...no offense.

If something could be done about priest bot when he is the healer spamming power word fortitude until he is oom that would be great. So far priest is the only one who buffs at all, that I have seen. Warrior and paladin fight over who is tank regardless of using .mt or maintank. Druid also wants to que heals when you already have healer.

Last edited:

pkman

Veteran Member
Verified Member
[MENTION=26305]Slyrman[/MENTION]
No because these are npcbots. You have to "hire" them to follow you around and help you if you want them.

Wezaa

Verified Member
I got it working now.
Works pretty well. Was able to do a dungeon with me, my wife and 3 bots.

As others have stated, there are oom issues with healers.
But other than that I was quite impressed with it.

Last edited:

Xavier

Verified Member
I got it working now.
Works pretty well. Was able to do a dungeon with me, my wife and 3 bots.

As others have stated, there are oom issues with healers.
But other than that I was quite impressed with it.

This sound fun, any tips on the setup you used?

ExO

Admin
Can you run dungeons sufficiently with the bots? Also will the MoP VIP repack contact bots at any point?
Most people that have tested would say yes. There's a mana regeneration issue for healers, but besides from that, there shouldn't be any obvious flaws. There is however no plan on implementing it on MOP. MOP doesn't even have a VIP repack.

Samea

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Veteran Member
Is it possible to make them work with dungeonfinder? As in "join as a group"