pdump load

mige

Trial Member
Hey

Noticed that atleast on the free version, pdump load command handling is not updated on the core to handle some values. - So even though the values are written on the file they will be ignored when loading and set to null, and as the slot value cannot be null, it completely prevents using the pdump load.

Is it working on the current VIP version? (Though would have preferred if I could have tested that my wotlk->cata conversion works before buying)

ExO

Admin
Hi,

You cannot dump it from Wotlk and load it automatically on Cataclysm. The reason is that the database structure is different, so it must be done manually.

mige

Trial Member
Hi,

You cannot dump it from Wotlk and load it automatically on Cataclysm. The reason is that the database structure is different, so it must be done manually.
I know that. I have a tool that handles the conversion. - already supporting following transfers: vmangos (vanilla) <-> cmangos (vanilla) -> cmangos (tbc) -> cmangos (wotlk) <-> trinity (wotlk)

- But as my tool works with the pdump files, I cannot use it if the server doesnt support pdump load properly.

- The demo version of the cata repack isnt able to even load its own pdump files. (thats why im asking if the VIP version actually supports the feature)

Last edited:

ExO

Admin
Hrmm, I don’t remember fully since it’s a while since I’ve used it, but I do remember that we updated it in the past, so it may be solved :)

mige

Trial Member
Hrmm, I don’t remember fully since it’s a while since I’ve used it, but I do remember that we updated it in the past, so it may be solved :)
Well im a bit hopeful then. - But would really appreciate it, if some1 that already has it could confirm if it works or not. (shouldnt be too much of a trouble) - and I wouldnt need to spend money just to figure out if the server works for my use case or not. - also if some1 could confirm if it works on the mop one would be great too :) (though will be quite a while before I get to MOP, so if it works now, hopefully its not broken at later point)