[NEW REPACK] 3.3.5 Wrath of the Lich King TrinityCore - v0.1 - [Official Repack]

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
I dare say lichqueen is right. You're just reinventing the wheel unless you want to add some custom fixes or bots. Though if you were to get Wintergrasp working truly Blizzlike, that would make it stand out for me. Current unaltered Trinitycore comes close if you enable the setting, but it has the wrong faction vendors in the shops (Alliance vendors in the siege engine shops owned by the Horde and vice versa). Though that makes toppling the towers faster being able to buy from a blue shop ;) Also, most of the NPCs that should appear along the bridges do not. So far, there has only been one person who has done it right (or close enough to right to be properly playable anyway), and that's Jzy. And that was before they added mmaps to Trinitycore. 6 years ago. It would be good to see someone get it working on a modern build.

I get why WG gets no love. A full instance was a laggy mess. If you queued during prime time hours, you never saw it at it's best -- when you had two smaller groups of 5 to 15 going at it. It would be an absolute blast at a LAN party.

I'll look into fixing it, but it probably wont be any time soon.
Still reading up on scripts, fixes, etc.

I have other things going on so I can't fully focus on the 3.3.5 repack, so I'm not much farther than when I started.

As for NPC Bots, that would be a long time down the road. Unless someone else knows how and could help me out, that is.

Illidan77

Trial Member
That's understandable. No rush. I understand having other stuff going on (not to mention unexpected events IRL causing sudden interruptions).

Actually, I may have spoke too soon. Most of the repacks I've been testing were TC-based because that's what Jeutie always used years ago. I assumed it was still the best, but I may have been wrong.

AzerothCore looks to be the new king, maybe. It's based on SunwellCore, but they've made it possible to customize it via external modules, so it does not have to be re-compiled to add features like Solocraft. I was made aware of it by an implementation of the aforementioned bot feature requested by lichqueen known as the Single Player Packs. I noticed one of the more recent ones used it, and people were saying how much better it worked (Ulduar being fully functional for example). So I decided to look into this further.

I'm about to test the repacks released by the creator of AzertothCore and the SPP pack and see how they actually perform for me compared to some of the most popular existing TC repacks. From what I've read about SunwellCore, it had WG working well, so this should too.

Depending on your goals, you may or may not find it more suitable for your repack. But I thought I should mention it as a possible alternative to consider.

Thanks! 3.3.5 is the best.

Everyone always says that. And I get it. Death Knights were cool, if OP. It was WotLK that convinced me to subscribe. But the more I go back and play the Vanilla and TBC stuff, the more I'm convinced TBC was the best.

Then again, what classes you like to play can also be a factor. Druids had it pretty good in WotLK. Warlocks were subjected to endless beatdowns with the nerf bat.

Still, a WotLK repack pretty much preserves all of the original content of Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK, more or less. And it predates the oversimplification and homogenization introduced in later expansions. They might as well have called it Casualclysm.

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
That's understandable. No rush. I understand having other stuff going on (not to mention unexpected events IRL causing sudden interruptions).

Actually, I may have spoke too soon. Most of the repacks I've been testing were TC-based because that's what Jeutie always used years ago. I assumed it was still the best, but I may have been wrong.

AzerothCore looks to be the new king, maybe. It's based on SunwellCore, but they've made it possible to customize it via external modules, so it does not have to be re-compiled to add features like Solocraft. I was made aware of it by an implementation of the aforementioned bot feature requested by lichqueen known as the Single Player Packs. I noticed one of the more recent ones used it, and people were saying how much better it worked (Ulduar being fully functional for example). So I decided to look into this further.

I'm about to test the repacks released by the creator of AzertothCore and the SPP pack and see how they actually perform for me compared to some of the most popular existing TC repacks. From what I've read about SunwellCore, it had WG working well, so this should too.

Depending on your goals, you may or may not find it more suitable for your repack. But I thought I should mention it as a possible alternative to consider.

I was definitely looking at AzerothCore before, and I've been putting off switching to it due to favoritism for trinity, same reasons as you with Jeutie and such.
I will likely compile it one of these days and check it out, I have been told it's way more customizable, so we'll see. I went through a lot of crap just compiling this TrinityCore, I had to recompile so many times because I'd either forget a step, or have the wrong MySQL, have missing libraries, somehow deleted both libraries and MySQL then re-installing the wrong ones again... I'm sure I could compile the AzerothCore somewhat easily now that I have a bit of knowledge behind my back, but still.

znzz

Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Thanks for the wotlk 3.3.5 repack ! will try it :)

erebus

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Thank you,
I would like to learn how to compile
Where can I read about what tools I need and how to do it?

thyow

Verified Member
very good thanks, is ICC works perfectly?

thank you for the repack

Last edited by a moderator: