CLOSED 5.4.8 Blizzlike Mists of Pandaria - v1.7 - [EmuCoach's Official Repack]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilroes

Veteran Member
Verified Member
logouse.png

UPDATE 1.7 (8-16-19)

IN ORDER TO RESPOND TO THIS POST YOU MUST HAVE 10 MEANINGFUL POSTS AND BE REGISTERED ON EMUCOACH FOR 5 DAYS. PLEASE DON'T PM ABOUT THIS! - We've worked very hard on this release and don't want people to register, comment take it, and never come back..

maxresdefault.jpg

OFFICIAL EMUCOACH MISTS OF PANDARIA 5.4.8 REPACK

Today, I would like to reward the Emucoach community with the first release of MoP Repack!

Why this repack over others?

• 5.4.8 (NOT 5.4.7 - PACKETS ARE 5.4.8)
  • WORKING SPELLS
  • SCRIPTED CONTENT
  • DEDICATED DEVELOPMENT BY MOTIVATED DEVELOPERS
  • WORKING BATTLEGROUNDS AND ARENAS
  • MISTS OF PANDARIA RAIDS/DUNGEONS ARE IN PROGRESS
  • STABLE CORE (HIGH UPTIME!) - (STABILITY TESTED WITH 2000+ STABILITY BOTS)
  • ALIVE WORLD - WAYPOINTS, CORRECT SPAWNS

Please keep in note, this is the first release, so expect bugs, for example the Pandaria starting zone is not yet available! and most pandaria quests are not yet scripted! Stay tuned for the ride and these will eventually be scripted! :cool:

F.A.Q.

• Q: WHY DID MOP TAKE SO LONG TO RELEASE?
    A: Development of this version requires a ton of new skills and knowledge, we had to learn these new skills in order to develop as viable and smart as possible, one being reverse engineering for the packets/opcodes

• Q: WHAT IS A PACKET/OPCODE?

REFERENCE: CMSG = Client Message to server, SMSG = Server Message to client

A: In short words, the client has to communicate with the server, and the server has to communicate with the client. When you create a character, that's one opcode called UserClientCreateCharacter or in short terms : CMSG_CREATE_CHARACTER for server define, this opcode contains information like hair styles, gender, name, race and class. So once the server receives this packet from the client, it has to check the data, making sure that they can create that class/race combo, already have 11 characters on the account, etc, etc.. It gets complicated fast, and there exists over 1000 packets. Another example of a packet would be chat, when you chat in say, you send the server CliChatMessageSay, the server checks if you are allowed to chat (incase of mute) and then if it is good, send the players around you within say distance the SMSG chat packet, which is just ClientChat, which holds info like sendername, message, gmtag, messagetype, and in this case ClientChat can have info like, "Hello World", messagetype being Say, and sendername being "Jack"

• Q: WHEN IS THE NEXT RELEASE?

A: At the moment of this post it's unknown, let's see how many bug reports and attention this gets first! then we can say, maybe a month?

• Q: HOW CAN I HELP IMPROVE THE REPACK?

A: You can help by providing database fixes, creating detailed bug reports, and giving us lots of love for the release!
    5.4.8 Database Fixes
    5.4.8 Bug Reports

Requirements:
OpenSSL 1.1.1 64x

DOWNLOAD LINKS

UPDATE 1.7 IS NOW OUT, DOWNLOAD HERE
1.7 Download links:

New Maps/Vmaps/MMaps is REQUIRED!!

***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***

Find a list of current MOP Private Servers here.

I said to myself I wouldn't try anything else other than the 3.3.5a repack although lockdown has changed my mind. Thank you :)

texy69

Verified Member
Thank you for sharing, I hope my pc could launch it. Is there a minimum configuration to respect?

azik

Verified Member
I just got around to reading some of the messages, and you're right [MENTION=28253]cheewee[/MENTION], mostly everything is broken, however you have to consider, one person working on this in motivational freetime, vs a server like tauri-wow with dedicated team full time developers, may not result in the same outcome. You could always look at GitHub - ProjectSkyfire/SkyFire_548: SkyFireEMU is a full featured World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria emulator written in C++. || Compatible with World of Warcraft client 5.4.8 (Build: 18414) Project Established in 2011 for a somewhat active open-source project for MoP, but you may be disappointed. No i'm not trying to be like this is the best you will get, etc.. but the reason I wanted 10 posts, because people would just come once, download it, and leave forever. That's not how I wanted this project to be. Originally I intended to go like this, - release a repack, show off what i got, gain motivation from people being excited about it, etc. however while it did sort of start off like that. it quickly faded. There's a reason I don't want a VIP version of this repack, imo it would be entirely shitty to release one, while not being much better from this. It's not like I can randomly pull out an 80% working everything on a repack. Things need to be developed, and from scratch. Of course things can be ported from cata, but it doesn't always lead to the same outcome of working content. As for quests, that's probably the least priority, I need a proper base to work on, before I can start on content scripting, however please understand this has been a solo project for the most part since the beginning.

Thank you for reading.

Thank you for the work you did put in to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.