Need help with exe

mroreo3

Gold Supporter
I downloaded a repack/source for WOD just me and some friends want to play 6.2.3. They say u need to create your own patched exe on the repack to be able to change realmlist and connect to the server. How does one go about this?

Jenniy

I collect profile flairs.
Silver Supporter
Senior User
If you already have the client and are just wanting to connect to your server, you generally don't need to patch WoW.exe (or whatever it's been renamed to) in order to update the realmlist file.

There are several great instructions around this forum to find out how to set the correct IP in your realmlist (as well as patching the executable, if you are still so inclined). I'd suggest starting in the 'Tutorials' sub-forum. ;D

mroreo3

Gold Supporter
If you already have the client and are just wanting to connect to your server, you generally don't need to patch WoW.exe (or whatever it's been renamed to) in order to update the realmlist file.

There are several great instructions around this forum to find out how to set the correct IP in your realmlist (as well as patching the executable, if you are still so inclined). I'd suggest starting in the 'Tutorials' sub-forum. ;D
I understand the WTF realmlist, but it is not accepting it. If there is a specific guide you know of that is what I am looking for then please can you link?