Mounts SL/BFA/Légion/MOP/WOD For CATA 4.3.4 (15595)

Jenniy

I collect profile flairs.
Silver Supporter
Senior User
I don't know if anyone else has had luck with this yet but, I'm currently puzzling my way through getting these models properly imported/ set up as full-fledged mounts in game. Without much documentation (and no prior knowledge) it's a bit slow going, but I'll definitely put information here when I have some tangible result!

P.S.
PSA:
Be careful when adding the two .dbc files to the server data folder. If you've added any new content to the game before (in a manner similar to this) overwriting the files that arealready present could (and probably will) break whatever you previously put in. To make sure the potentially conflicting 'mods' both (all?) work, you'll actually have to manually the .dbc files to include the information from all the source 'mods'.

Last edited:

Jivani19

Elune Adore (FR)
Gold Supporter
Epic Member
Can you do a small tutorial showing how to add it, and edit the spell/icon.dbc ?
sorry for not having little answer so soon, I am a little busy personally, as soon as I am free I will continue to work, for the tutorial with the spell.dbc / spellicon.dbc I have not yet been able to do it because my results are not yet at the top, I am still at the very beginning of this work despite my in-depth research, a lot of .dbc data is not yet understandable, I would like to have some help on this too, that's for the moment I could not do the tutorial on it because my results are not yet there.
It takes me a while but I'm working on it =)

Jivani19

Elune Adore (FR)
Gold Supporter
Epic Member
I don't know if anyone else has had luck with this yet but, I'm currently puzzling my way through getting these models properly imported/ set up as full-fledged mounts in game. Without much documentation (and no prior knowledge) it's a bit slow going, but I'll definitely put information here when I have some tangible result!

P.S.
PSA:
Be careful when adding the two .dbc files to the server data folder. If you've added any new content to the game before (in a manner similar to this) overwriting the files that arealready present could (and probably will) break whatever you previously put in. To make sure the potentially conflicting 'mods' both (all?) work, you'll actually have to manually the .dbc files to include the information from all the source 'mods'.
Know that it is not difficult to restore the .dbc files, you just have to keep a blank copy of the DBC folder in the data base, if you ever have a problem with it, you just have to copy the same files to import from the blank database to your server database and delete the one found in your game data in .mpq

Jenniy

I collect profile flairs.
Silver Supporter
Senior User
Know that it is not difficult to restore the .dbc files, you just have to keep a blank copy of the DBC folder in the data base, if you ever have a problem with it, you just have to copy the same files to import from the blank database to your server database and delete the one found in your game data in .mpq
I didn't mean to imply that your update would inherently break anything. I just found that, being in a table format, the contents of a .dbc file can be appended with the new patch info (much like adding new lines into a SQL table) so as to be sure that you don't inadvertently erase something else you didn't know you already had modified.

On the topic of getting these wonderful models into properly functional mounts, I've not made much progress so far. I've been learning a lot about the structure and contents of .dbc and .mpq files, but I still haven't parsed the exact information necessary to make it work - yet. There are a lot of tables pointing to other tables (in a very cryptic and arcane way) that, when I finally reach the end of the rabbit hole, I should be able to understand enough to reverse engineer the system for creating and integrating new mounts! (This will also help with any attempts to add other new content, if anyone has a good idea for one!)

Tl;dr, Turning these into mounts is still w.i.p. but there is still work being done to further that goal.

Jivani19

Elune Adore (FR)
Gold Supporter
Epic Member
I didn't mean to imply that your update would inherently break anything. I just found that, being in a table format, the contents of a .dbc file can be appended with the new patch info (much like adding new lines into a SQL table) so as to be sure that you don't inadvertently erase something else you didn't know you already had modified.

On the topic of getting these wonderful models into properly functional mounts, I've not made much progress so far. I've been learning a lot about the structure and contents of .dbc and .mpq files, but I still haven't parsed the exact information necessary to make it work - yet. There are a lot of tables pointing to other tables (in a very cryptic and arcane way) that, when I finally reach the end of the rabbit hole, I should be able to understand enough to reverse engineer the system for creating and integrating new mounts! (This will also help with any attempts to add other new content, if anyone has a good idea for one!)

Tl;dr, Turning these into mounts is still w.i.p. but there is still work being done to further that goal.
No I didn't want to say that but I wanted to avoid panic in case a false manipulation or a bug occurs during the installation of my .dbc files. In any case thank you for your help, I am trying to decipher the patie concerning the Spell.dbc and all the other spells in order to arrive at the end, at the same time I am working on my model importation project and at the same time on the creation of the items and leaves for the finalization of the models in frames. I would also like the community to be able to test and give their opinion because I haven't been there for a long time but I love this community.