Launcher idea

Endafy

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Veteran Member
So I had a thought, I might work on creating a branded EmuCoach client, it would be a launcher, I could easily create a torrent that is the full game clients of cata and mop, but the launcher would look close to something Blizz has where you can choose your version, and hit play, where you could edit the IP address you want to connect to. The launcher would simply be that something with the Emucoach logo, it would update news and information I could grep from here. Anyhow let me know your thoughts Exo!

Last edited:

GravityFails

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
That sounds nice! I failed at writing a .bat file to launch the server parts and game last week. Fewer clicks is always great.

Endafy

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Veteran Member
That sounds nice! I failed at writing a .bat file to launch the server parts and game last week. Fewer clicks is always great.
I could do a client launcher and a server launcher. Bat files are difficult to get right. I'll get to work on it tomorrow and link a GitHub archive. Something that checks visual studio 2013 is installed etc. I find 2008 to be finicky and 2013 just werkz on windows server 2019. I was also thinking of a phone app that just gets feed updates that you can check without going into the basement. Something you can just access the terminal in. Just a suite of quality of life improvements, nothing that requires any source code or headers. It's not like it's hard to launch things but if something isn't right, or you want to backup the saves and character data, etc click a few things and done. For the client side I'm thinking of a front end launcher that can house all versions, launch a torrent client for the version you're missing, give you the ability to have a list of realmlist files that you click "connect to X server" it'll overwrite the realmlist.wtf file from whatever you the end player chooses in their list, that will also remind the end user of their username and password for that specific server. Easy enough to do in just a few days. Nothing fancy other than pretty graphics and a news feed to here on the server launcher. 1 icon instead of 4 etc...

TheGofa

Verified Member
Wow, if you can do a client launcher and a server launcher, and make it EmuCoach branded that would be so good for the site and its popularity!

nailz

Veteran Member
that would be really really cool dude. as TheGofa said it would make emucoach site unique.

Likon69

Mythical User
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
It already exists and was made by Satan. They have a little .net bug but it works very well

Likon69

Mythical User
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
So I had a thought, I might work on creating a branded EmuCoach client, it would be a launcher, I could easily create a torrent that is the full game clients of cata and mop, but the launcher would look close to something Blizz has where you can choose your version, and hit play, where you could edit the IP address you want to connect to. The launcher would simply be that something with the Emucoach logo, it would update news and information I could grep from here. Anyhow let me know your thoughts Exo!

Likon69

Mythical User
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
So I start to make my launcher. A beta version will be released soon
1670671622565.png