Is Photoshop worth the price?

GearedGeek

Verified Member
I have been using GIMP since I can't afford the price for Photoshop. To me, GIMP has all the things I need that you can find in Photoshop.

tagban

Verified Member
I love CS6, but I won't switch to the online 'subscription' version. I've hated subscriptions since I was much younger, part of the reason I joined into MMO private server communities!

Amscram

Verified Member
I would try Serif PhotoPlus first. If it works for what you need, then just pay them their very fair price to keep alive the competition in the market.

Hubbelbubbel

Verified Member
It always depends on what you do with Photoshop. If you use it every day to make money or run a business, then it's worth it. In the private sector, gimp is sufficient

Atakke

Verified Member
I believe there is software that is starting to rival it - like Affinity suite for example - great deal & one-time purchase

mydnyte

Trial Member
Last time I checked, the latest version of Photoshop costed $599. Do you think Photoshop is worth paying 600 bucks for when there are free programs like GIMP out there? What about cheaper (or older) versions of Photoshop?
depends on the os... but, not worth full retail

hrp84

Verified Member
I believe there is software that is starting to rival it - like Affinity suite for example - great deal & one-time purchase
For someone who starts out and has no habits when it comes to working mode, Affinity is a really recommendable option. As for me, Affinity Photo is not yet up to the latest version of Photoshop, but for example Affinity Designer is more pleasant for me at work than Adobe Illustrator. Besides, the price for Affinity is incomparable to Adobe