is it possilbe to translate 4.3.4 client to my langugage?

zukofia

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
hello guys,is it possilbe to translate 4.3.4 client to my langugage?i mean im from georgia and blizzard doenst have this language.so is it possible to mod wow 4.3.4 client and translate it?if yes is there any guide?

Peccatum

Gold Supporter
Sadly no, the only thing you can do is translate quest texts inside of the SQL database, but this not worth it.

Last edited:

ExO

Admin
Blizzard only supports a certain amount of languages, (Chineese, Russian, Espanol etc). These are supported by the client, but requires support in the tables like locales_ (locales_quest) etc.

Unfortunately, there's no simple way to translate the world game to your own language.

kdebie

Trial Member
yes. download a repack in your language, and export these tables (using a sql gui tool, like sqlyog, navicat etc.):
- trinity_string
- db_script_string
- creature_ai_text
- every table that starts with locales_

import them into the same tables inside the database of the repack that you want to use, keeping the locX column. its number will depend on the language of your preferred locale:
korean - loc1,
french - loc2,
german - loc3,
chinese simplified - loc4,
chinese traditional - loc5,
spanish - loc6,
mexican spanish - loc7,
russian - loc8,

if your repack is 5.x.x or higher, these languages will also be available.
italian - loc9,
brasilian portuguese - loc10,
portuguese - loc11

keep the number of your language in mind, when replacing the tables. some parts will take quite an eye's work, especially with locales_quest, as most of the columns, except those in your language, will be empty.

now THE MOST IMPORTANT THING
replace the dbc folder of the repack you're translating with the dbc folder of the repack in your language. if it doesn't work, find the most recent dbc extractor, and extract dbc from your client (which i assume already is in your language).
if it does, go to your worldserver.conf and change the parameter DBC.Locale to the number for your preferred language. launch the server and check.

Generally, a removal of Cache and WTF folders in your client directory is required, as is an additional reloading of your server (type in worldserver.exe opened reload all, and better not log in to your server before and during the operation.)

sorry if this looks terrible i tried to help XD

edit: ok i didn't answer the question i guess but at least you know where to start ��

Last edited: