Howdy, folks

bobdobson

Verified Member
So, just stumbled on this site a few days ago, after playing a little bit on the Ascension private server. Decided to try a private server as just a "see how it goes" sort of thing, and searches led me here. Within 20 minutes of signing up, I had a private server running and was logged in. 4.3.4 Cata, which is interesting so far. Few bugs, but still playable, and it suits my playstyle just fine. Looks to be something I'll keep poking at. Kudos to the devs whose hard work on this makes it a viable and practically plug and play experience. Tempted to VIP already.

bobdobson

Verified Member
Thanks, folks. As to what led me here, it's a combination of things. Mainly the decline of Blizzard post Activision and certain activities by the companies that let me away. I was playing Classic several months ago, but stopped. Still missed the game, hence the Ascension time, but I'm mainly a solo player anyways. So I decided to look into actually running my own just to see what was involved. The Cata repack was incredibly easy to set up and get running, and I've played a little bit as I have time.

Likon69

Mythical User
Silver Supporter
Superior Member
So, just stumbled on this site a few days ago, after playing a little bit on the Ascension private server. Decided to try a private server as just a "see how it goes" sort of thing, and searches led me here. Within 20 minutes of signing up, I had a private server running and was logged in. 4.3.4 Cata, which is interesting so far. Few bugs, but still playable, and it suits my playstyle just fine. Looks to be something I'll keep poking at. Kudos to the devs whose hard work on this makes it a viable and practically plug and play experience. Tempted to VIP already.
Welcome to you! Feel free to look around the forum to find your ideal server. There are multiple styles of repack or server. A new world is opening up for you.

TreeOfLife

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Thanks, folks. As to what led me here, it's a combination of things. Mainly the decline of Blizzard post Activision and certain activities by the companies that let me away. I was playing Classic several months ago, but stopped. Still missed the game, hence the Ascension time, but I'm mainly a solo player anyways. So I decided to look into actually running my own just to see what was involved. The Cata repack was incredibly easy to set up and get running, and I've played a little bit as I have time.

No suprises there, same reason why I switched to private. I hope you have fun and if you run into any trouble don't hesitate to ask us for a hand!

OMGhixD

Gold Supporter
Epic Member
Definitely get the VIP or Donator Rank. Emucoach has been providing a steady amount of useful and important fixes for years. It is definitely worth supporting.