How to allow others on the network to join a 4.3.4 server?

Bluewhale

Trial Member
Hi all! Just got my CATA server up and running and I was able to log on and play. I am hoping to have some others join me, and will be on the same network so I shouldn't have to open any ports or anything to my understanding. Under my realmlist file, I have 127.0.0.1, which obviously wouldn't work for someone else trying to join. If I just have them set their realmlist to my IP address, is that it? Or am I missing a step? Also, where can i change the name of the realm? Thanks!

krminix

Gold Supporter
To allow others to join, it is quite simple. You don't need to modify anything other than the realmlist table.

Open HeidiSQL, click the arrow beside the auth table, scroll down, find "realmlist". and click on it. To the right near the top, click on the Data tab.

ID = leave that be, I think default is 1
name = whatever you want your realm to be called.
address = your local lan ip address, example 192.168.1.15

after changing these, restart your auth and world servers. the last step is to change your realmlist.wtf to match the IP you changed in the address above on all client computers. I do recommend you set that IP as static on your router, that way you don't have to modify that address in HeidiSQL.

Bluewhale

Trial Member
To allow others to join, it is quite simple. You don't need to modify anything other than the realmlist table.

Open HeidiSQL, click the arrow beside the auth table, scroll down, find "realmlist". and click on it. To the right near the top, click on the Data tab.

ID = leave that be, I think default is 1
name = whatever you want your realm to be called.
address = your local lan ip address, example 192.168.1.15

after changing these, restart your auth and world servers. the last step is to change your realmlist.wtf to match the IP you changed in the address above on all client computers. I do recommend you set that IP as static on your router, that way you don't have to modify that address in HeidiSQL.
Thank you for the response but, I'm not trying to run my server through HeidiSQL. Do you know what file to find the realmlist IP and realm name in?

krminix

Gold Supporter
Thank you for the response but, I'm not trying to run my server through HeidiSQL. Do you know what file to find the realmlist IP and realm name in?
Heidi is just a app to modify the sql database. I've not tried it another way to be honest.