How many more years

ExO

Admin
Interesting thread.

Well it depends really,

as long as blizzard keep work on it and update it, it will not die.

But if they stop updating it and it'll stay the same, it will die by lack of players. But whenever blizzard is going to close it, I really don't know.

Igloo

Verified Member
I think there will always be WoW. It's such a popular game and they always come up with new games/updates and things like that. As long as people keep buying WoW they will continue to keep it going.

Talan42

Verified Member
I've read some Blizz guy say something about 10 expansions minimum.
The truth is, as long as the game stays profitable (and it surely is, even if it's not as ridiculously profitable as some years ago) Blizz will continue WoW.

maxfun03

Verified Member
World of Warcraft will surely go the way of the Dodo someday but here is another example Ragnarok Online (look it up) there is still an active community and all but the majority of player is in the Private Server scene and that game is over a decade old. Maybe at that time WoW will be the same who really knows with Blizzard and all.

jesterhead

Verified Member
i think it should die=) every cool thing should die) to be remembered in years I mean Blizz should create something more attractive with wow gameplay)

znzz

Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Tough question, I'd give it five more years. (Retail) Private servers may continue for atleast ten years.

Eikichi

Veteran Member
Verified Member
Blizzard will eventually find new aspects to adapt it for the new incoming generations of players and for the market that will be in the next 5/10 years, they cannot end a thing that generate tons of money, if WoW will die is because WoW will kill itself and become obsolete to the new generations, because the old generations will not play forever.

DavidoWasp

Veteran Member
Maybe it'll live forever with f2p one day or a second life cyle initiate with wow classic.

It will shut down one day, but private servers will last forever :p

And i'm ok with that, WoW will live forever on private servers like Warhammer online still have players, for exemple.

Hubbelbubbel

Verified Member
I still remember when it was announced back then, half a year later there was a leak from Vivendi that there should be 6 extensions and nothing more after that.

Now comes the 7th and as long as Blizzard can make money on the game, they will keep developing it

voralyx

Veteran Member
If Blizzard manages to leave the hotkey+tab battle system behind and evolve the game to something greater, then yes.
Tab+Hotkey cycling is so 2000. With sophistication and advancement of game engines and software development techniques, there's no longer a place for tab hotkey battle system. Everyone is moving towards action and real hitbox system (Monster Hunter is an exemplary pioneer, along with Dark Souls, Bloodborne etc.)

srle300

Verified Member
I hope to play it on a home server with my daughter one day when she grows up. Long after the official servers shut down.

MakaiKing0

Verified Member
Considering recent events for Blizzard.... maybe another year or two at most for official. Private Servers will have a boom as official drowns.

Furioz

Verified Member
There will always be a community for it i believe, if blizzard will keep hosting it is another topic. I believe so, to many die hards will keep playing