Help make Cata server more "Solo Friendly"

dew1960

Gold Supporter
Hi!

I play on my Cata 4.3.4 v13 Emucoach server. It works and Cataclysm is my favorite Wow version.

I am looking for tips and help with instructions to make it "Solo Friendly".

Please advise me or link for me how to enable NPC bots and the AH boy.

Is there some way to add Buff NPC's and/or an Enchanter NPC to enchant my gear?

What else can I do to make it possible to do dungeons or raids solo at level that is appropriate?

I have played on servers in the past that had these things built in and it made the game much more enjoyable.

I appreciate any positive support for this. Thank you, in advance for your help.

ExO

Admin
Hello,

We have a guide on how to use the Npcbots here:
https://www.emucoach.com/tutorials-...emucoach-repack-4-3-4-a.html?highlight=npcbot

Regarding the Ahbots, it can be enabled by heading into your worldserver.conf file and look for (Ctrl+F) 'AHBot'.

I'd be happy to possibly make a separated version that focuses even more on the Solo Player Aspect. In that case, please list me the features you would like it to include (the better it's described, the easier it is for me, as well as the more features you write - the better it can get), and I will see what I can do :)

pwnzrd

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
[MENTION=1]ExO[/MENTION] I think it would be really cool to have bots you can fight with / against in 2 v 2 and 3 v 3 PVP arena although I assume that might be a pipe dream ;')

dew1960

Gold Supporter
I'd like to see players or dungeons/raids scale to each other to make them soloable. This was done in the Ashamane core for WoTLK. Also, the dungeon/raid finder worked with just one person. This way you got the rewards for doing it. For AH Bot, we need to make a separate account for the bot I think. Something about looking up the account id and putting in the world.conf? Maybe make some NPC's in each major city to buff players and to enchant their gear. These changes would make playing solo a lot more fun. Ashamane core also has an npc that grants a "Hunter Like" pet at lvl 10 if the player wants one.

Last edited:

dew1960

Gold Supporter
Thanks for the link, I will check out the NPC player bots, maybe that will help a lot.

Oh yes, NPC bots help a lot. So cool!

Last edited:

krminix

Gold Supporter
[MENTION=1]ExO[/MENTION] I'm glad to see more intrest shown in single player versions of EC Cata. To give an example of some neat things i've used, check this link out.

GitHub - StygianTheBest/StygianCore: An AzerothCore v3.3.5a Server Emulator

I had a great time using this repack. It's pretty fun. Lots of customization's. Some key things I would love to see in a single player repack would be:

Heirloom vendors at starting zones.
some kind of scaling in dungeons/raids.
Maybe a vendor mall with helper npcs? (enchanting, etc.) in each capital city
Skill gains from gathering/professions increased slightly.
A bounty system would add a fun spin. StygianCore has a feature like this.
Random enchants on loot pickup.

Just random ideas.