Gold? Who was talking about gold?

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWA2pjMjpBs (Rihanna - "Diamonds" )

More Seriously, if we suppose i would like to create a new NPC (or edit one, or editing an object...), i would like to know the ID of "gold" item that creature could loot. If someone could help me, thanks per advance :)

I think it's a number value in the db? Probably wrong, I've never added that kind of stuff. I think I remember seeing a db column for "gold_dropped" or something along those lines.
I've never changed it or looked at that specifically and I haven't looked at the DB in a long time, so don't think I'm an idiot if wrong :phew:
I'm not sure if there's a specific 'gold' ID, but maybe there are consumable items that give gold, best bet is maybe with those?
Let me know if any of this helps, wouldn't mind knowing a possible ID for future reference.

Titesusy

Veteran Member
Yes, my supposition is : "the gold drop is set into the sql database". As a supposition, it may be wrong.
I base my supposiiton on one setting into the worldserver.CONF file: "Rate.Drop.Money = 1"
Because i never compiled a worldserver.exe, i would like to know what the quoted setting line is referring to.

With some research on source files, in the "loottables.cpp" , there is an interesting thing ... (line 43 : https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob/master/zone/loottables.cpp )
Code:
if (!bGlobal) {
		*copper = 0;
		*silver = 0;
		*gold = 0;
		*plat = 0;
	}
        lts = database.GetLootTable(loottable_id);
	if (!lts)
		return;

uint32 min_cash = lts->mincash;
	uint32 max_cash = lts->maxcash;

copper, solver, gold, are understandible notions for us, even we don't really understand the reasons of this code. But if we look further, it referring to a "database" variable, and the gold maybe be affected with the "min_cash" and "max_cash" variables.... Let's see where i can look to this "database" reference....

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob/master/zone/zonedb.cpp :
Code:
ZoneDatabase database;
So in this file, we should have the answer....
There are some setting about player/bank copper numbers, we don't care about it, but in the line 4197, there is "dbpc->copper", and the definition for dbpc is "PlayerCorpse_Struct* dbpc" (line 4179). Another structure Yihah! (* bang! *)

Hummm i think about only to put some "HL" consumable as gift to replace the gold reward! lol

dhasslef

Verified Member
I'd like to know this as well. Looking to add a few mounts to a vendor, but cant charge gold for them because I cant find the ID.

dolgan

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
Sorry if I am necroing this thread, but.....

(Rihanna - "Diamonds" )

More Seriously, if we suppose i would like to create a new NPC (or edit one, or editing an object...), i would like to know the ID of "gold" item that creature could loot. If someone could help me, thanks per advance :)

Money dropped from a creature is handled in the table: Creature_template under the fields "mingold" and "maxgold"
The amounts in these columns is registered in coppers
eg
1 = 1 copper looted
100 = 1 silver looted
10000 = 1 gold looted.

To have an item give gold (eg with Abandoned Adventurer's Satchel) it is in the table item_template_addon with "minmoneyloot" and "maxmoneyloot" again listed in coppers.

I'd like to know this as well. Looking to add a few mounts to a vendor, but cant charge gold for them because I cant find the ID.

To set what an Item is bought for can be found in item_template under "BuyPrice" and "SellPrice"

If you want to charge specific items for something (eg use 1 x Peacebloom to buy a hat) it is found in npc_vendor under "extendedcost"