Getting off the ground

sLider72jr

Veteran Member
Verified Member
Hello all. I am fairly new to the community and interested in what to do next. I am looking for someone that can teach me what to do next and how to prepare for a repack. I have basic knowledge about coding and whatnot, but I don't know what the first step is. I am also interested in communication and sharing about the games, but again. I don't really know what to do. If someone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Hello all. I am fairly new to the community and interested in what to do next. I am looking for someone that can teach me what to do next and how to prepare for a repack. I have basic knowledge about coding and whatnot, but I don't know what the first step is. I am also interested in communication and sharing about the games, but again. I don't really know what to do. If someone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!

First, welcome to the forums.
Second, to start, it depends on what you want to do.
Do you want to create a personal or public server?

If you want to make a public server using a repack, you should note that not many people like to play on those servers, due to the reputations of the average repack.
If you want to make a personal server for either just yourself or friends, it'll be a lot easier and quicker, as basically all you have to do is download all the required files from the repack, organize them, and start it up.

The organization of the folders (folder names may be different) is something like this:

[Core] (All your maps, vmaps, etc. files go in this folder)
-Mmaps
-Vmaps
-Maps
-Db
-Authserver.exe
-Worldserver.exe

[_Server] (you dont have to add anything to this folder)
-MySQL.bat

To start the server, open up MySQL.bat in the _Server folder. Then as long as it opens properly, go into the Core folder, and open Authserver.exe first, let it load, then open Worldserver.exe, all in this order.
Worldserver.exe may take a few minutes to load, depending on your PC.

At this point, as long as everything is open, launch your 4.3.4 client, and login with the username of: 'admin' and the password of: 'admin'
- Without the ' '

To create your own account, go into worldserver.exe and type:
account create Username Password
Then I believe to set as a GM do this:
account set gmlevel Username 3 -1

You might have to download some lib files, can't remember the names though. It'll say something like "Something.dll is missing"

sLider72jr

Veteran Member
Verified Member
Thank you, Mr. Satan. I will most likely just want a private server for myself and maybe a friend or two.

If you could point me where to download, I'd be very grateful.

I understand programming a bit so I think I understand how to run it when I download it.

Also, where would you recommend for me to go just to talk about the game. I don't really know how the website works.
I have a few questions like which repack should I begin with?

ExO

Admin
Thank you, Mr. Satan. I will most likely just want a private server for myself and maybe a friend or two.

If you could point me where to download, I'd be very grateful.

I understand programming a bit so I think I understand how to run it when I download it.

Also, where would you recommend for me to go just to talk about the game. I don't really know how the website works.
I have a few questions like which repack should I begin with?

Welcome to Emucoach!
You can begin with our 4.3.4 Cataclysm repack :)

sLider72jr

Veteran Member
Verified Member
Ok! Cataclysm 4.3.4 it is. Thank you for the warm welcome.

So how/where do I go to download it?

sLider72jr

Veteran Member
Verified Member
Thanks, Lingx for the link!

Once I start playing the repack, what is the next step?

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member

sLider72jr

Veteran Member
Verified Member
Thank you for all the assistance guys.

If I need any help, I will definitely let you know

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Thank you for all the assistance guys.

If I need any help, I will definitely let you know

Just a side note, to make sure we are notified that you reply or are talking to us, make sure to either quote us in a reply by clicking at the bottom right of a post 'Reply with quote', or to bring our attention to a thread, you can use @ and then a username.
For example: [MENTION=27208]sLider72jr[/MENTION]
Otherwise, we might not see the post.

There's always sending a private message as well

sLider72jr

Veteran Member
Verified Member
Just a side note, to make sure we are notified that you reply or are talking to us, make sure to either quote us in a reply by clicking at the bottom right of a post 'Reply with quote', or to bring our attention to a thread, you can use @ and then a username.
For example: [MENTION=27208]sLider72jr[/MENTION]
Otherwise, we might not see the post.

There's always sending a private message as well

Alright, I will keep that in mind.

Also, is there a tutorial on how to set up the repack?

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Alright, I will keep that in mind.

Also, is there a tutorial on how to set up the repack?

There is, but it's not really up to date I think. That's kind of why I gave that long post earlier about what to do.
What part are you referring to setting up? Starting it, downloading/organizing it into proper locations, getting friends on, etc?

sLider72jr

Veteran Member
Verified Member
There is, but it's not really up to date I think. That's kind of why I gave that long post earlier about what to do.
What part are you referring to setting up? Starting it, downloading/organizing it into proper locations, getting friends on, etc?

I don't exactly know. I believe that I have downloaded all the required files, but now I don't know how to organize/run them.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
I don't exactly know. I believe that I have downloaded all the required files, but now I don't know how to organize/run them.

First run MySQL.bat, wait for it to finish, then run authserver.exe and wait for it to finish. These are relatively quick. Then run worldserver.exe, which takes a little bit of time but not too long. Once it's done you open up your 4.3.4 client and login to the admin account using 'admin' as both user and password.

The organization is as I said before, but here it is in a screenshot: (Ignore the 'Old' folder, that's where I keep previous versions)
(Note: Some files may be different name/missing/etc, but this is the general setup)
repack.png

sLider72jr

Veteran Member
Verified Member
First run MySQL.bat, wait for it to finish, then run authserver.exe and wait for it to finish. These are relatively quick. Then run worldserver.exe, which takes a little bit of time but not too long. Once it's done you open up your 4.3.4 client and login to the admin account using 'admin' as both user and password.

The organization is as I said before, but here it is in a screenshot: (Ignore the 'Old' folder, that's where I keep previous versions)
(Note: Some files may be different name/missing/etc, but this is the general setup)
repack.png

(Sorry It's been a couple of days. College can really pile up)

Thanks for the info, I have the server downloaded, extracted, and running. But I don't know how to launch the game. And I may be missing the game file completely.
Where do I download that just to be sure?

sLider72jr

Veteran Member
Verified Member
[MENTION=12024]Mr. Satan[/MENTION]

I Found the client file and can run the server and client

However, when I try to log in, I get an error that the account is temporarily suspended.
I even created my own account and I still get the error. Can you help me fix this?

Also is there a better place to find help with this sort of thing?

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
[MENTION=12024]Mr. Satan[/MENTION]

I Found the client file and can run the server and client

However, when I try to log in, I get an error that the account is temporarily suspended.
I even created my own account and I still get the error. Can you help me fix this?

Also is there a better place to find help with this sort of thing?

Sorry, it's been a couple of days for me as well, not due to college but personal time.
Glad you found the client and are able to launch it.

As for not being able to log into the account, I'm not entirely sure why. I've seen this reported before but I can't remember what caused it. It may be anti-cheat, or something along those lines. If you go into worldserver.conf file, which is in the Core folder, there is a setting for anti-cheat. Make sure this is disabled, create a new account and try it again.
I see you've created a thread in the support section as well, which is a much better place to ask as it will be noticed more-so.

The only things I can think of are anti-cheat, or something corrupted when the files were downloading - I don't believe this is the case, however. Hopefully someone will reply with a better answer on your post in the support section.