Favorite Repack

Silec

Verified Member
I've actually really enjoyed following the progress of the MoP repack by DevApexTeam (back in the day, when it was still actively under development). Sadly, it got discontinued.

crucial_herman

Verified Member
I've clocked a lot of hours on 3.3.5a. Coming from retail (probably around the draenor expansion) it was for nostalgia for the old style talents and cities. But although wrath has been my fav repack so far, I'm keen on trying MoP at home now.

Archcom

Verified Member
3.3.5. I've been able to get most of them to work fine, but this was such a nostalgia trip with overpowered talent trees, glyphs, set bonuses etc. Really took me back.

Naigel

Verified Member
3.3.5 WOTLk but its only because it is the most blizzlike repack currently i think the MoP by Tauri WoW is the second one but it's not open to public

Kein666

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
For me, the bests are:

- Zaicopx's repack with new bots (3.3.5)
- Emucoach vip version v.13.1
- Legion SPP v2

Kovelle

Verified Member
I've put the most time into the 7.3.5 repack by the SPP guys. Still a long way to go on it, though.

Guldari

Trial Member
My favorite expansion would be Wrath of the Lich King for sure! Somehow I always keep coming back to this expansion after a while. I think it's just how rewarding the progression feels at endgame!
Next to 3.3.5, I'd say Cataclysm and MoP are close competitors for me personally. Mists of Pandaria has incredible zones, storylines, progression and gosh I LOVE the way classes feel!
I agree!!! Mop is underated

wotlk is when classes worth the most themselves though, in mop they got a mix of everything, which was super fun

Endafy

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Veteran Member
How different are the repacks compared to WoW Lights Hope?
Is Lights Hope the closest to the real blizzard?
What about emucoach 4.3.4? Is that really close to blizzlike?
Thanks!
Lights hope is 100% vanilla recreated meticulously.
I kind of skipped tbc. I remember jeuties being 87% for 3.3.5a. idk how good 3.3.5a is now, I assume it's better.
Emucoach is 99.9% with like 11 bugged quests that can be fixed in the database but still needs the base scripts finished, and some very minor issues in a couple of end game raids. It's basically lights hope in terms of sheer quality. No other repack comes as close as exo has done with this.
There's some mop repacks happening that are just now popping up, exo and his friends are working on a mop repack so stay tuned.
All the newer repacks are really hard to run and still have a bucket load of issues. I prefer things like lights hope and emucoach because of just how meticulously they're recreated.

Dertor

Verified Member
Lights hope is 100% vanilla recreated meticulously.
I kind of skipped tbc. I remember jeuties being 87% for 3.3.5a. idk how good 3.3.5a is now, I assume it's better.
Emucoach is 99.9% with like 11 bugged quests that can be fixed in the database but still needs the base scripts finished, and some very minor issues in a couple of end game raids. It's basically lights hope in terms of sheer quality. No other repack comes as close as exo has done with this.
There's some mop repacks happening that are just now popping up, exo and his friends are working on a mop repack so stay tuned.
All the newer repacks are really hard to run and still have a bucket load of issues. I prefer things like lights hope and emucoach because of just how meticulously they're recreated.
I have that one but it ran very slow compared to other expansion I have try (not vanilla).
But it does the job: easy to use and it works perfect.

Add that it only needs nearly 9gb.

But the negative point is not have the other races as more modern version have.

Endafy

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Veteran Member
I have that one but it ran very slow compared to other expansion I have try (not vanilla).
But it does the job: easy to use and it works perfect.

Add that it only needs nearly 9gb.

But the negative point is not have the other races as more modern version have.
I am waiting to see if BFA will even be possible, BFA was an amazing expansion. Shadowlands is alright but it lacks a LOT of content.

Dertor

Verified Member
I am waiting to see if BFA will even be possible, BFA was an amazing expansion. Shadowlands is alright but it lacks a LOT of content.
Shadowlands it was indeed not what many expected (side effect of Pandemic?), but in the big end, all of Wow is getting down a lot for vs other games that just for the graphic they have much more interesting players to play it.
If Blizzard doesn't do a good expansion, then maybe Shadowlands can be the last expansion.
This is "Maybe" too.

Endafy

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Veteran Member
Shadowlands it was indeed not what many expected (side effect of Pandemic?), but in the big end, all of Wow is getting down a lot for vs other games that just for the graphic they have much more interesting players to play it.
If Blizzard doesn't do a good expansion, then maybe Shadowlands can be the last expansion.
This is "Maybe" too.
Final fantasy 14 is crushing wow. There's so many people playing ff14 that it's hard to describe. Wow is for all intents and purposes dead now. You login to wow and there's maybe 150 people on, you login to ff14 and there's millions... I thought bfa was great. I can't wait for a repack if it ever comes.

Dertor

Verified Member
Final fantasy 14 is crushing wow. There's so many people playing ff14 that it's hard to describe. Wow is for all intents and purposes dead now. You login to wow and there's maybe 150 people on, you login to ff14 and there's millions... I thought bfa was great. I can't wait for a repack if it ever comes.
We can only hope they made a repack.

And it is truth about FF14, is just impressive the amount of players in-game vs other games.

Endafy

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Veteran Member
We can only hope they made a repack.

And it is truth about FF14, is just impressive the amount of players in-game vs other games.
I can't fathom what's going through square enix employees heads right now. They must be chuffed though.