Favorite Repack

Darklogan

Gold Supporter
I won't tell about repack, but more about expensions. I prefer Mop but before the Vale of Eternal blossom was devasted.

The difficult part is that each extension has a functionnality, a gameplay for one or many class, or other thing that I can love or hate. That's why it's very difficult to choose one expansion and one repack.

For example, My favourite raids for nostalgy are molten core and blackwing lair. My favourite raids for gameplay are those from Mop. My favourite BG are Alterac valley and Eye of the storm.

My favourite gameplay are Mage spe fire in wow classic, druid spe heal in Wotlk, Paladin spe heal in Cataclysm, Paladin spe tank in Mop, etc.

My favourite features are the talents tree from classic to woltk, transmo (Cataclysm and legion versions), the fly mounts, the pokemon mode and multi loot at Mop, Garrison at Wod, ...

As you can see, each expansion has one particular thing in addition to others. But, I don't like the quests at Wod, the story after Mop, the talent system since cataclysm, the instance or raid since Wod, the farming, the reputation, the extension of the world after Mop, the other races at Bfa, etc.

Sadly, it's impossible to have THE repack with everything I love in Wow and without everything I don't like.

Damieninabox

Gold Supporter
Senior User
If we talk about expansions, it would probably be:

TBC for PvE and PvP (Black Tempe is simply a blizzard masterpiece), simply my all time favourite expansion.
Cata for PvE (only Firelands, 4.3 is really lame, especially Dragonsoul) and mainly for PvP (best pvp system in the whole game, especially when it comes to balancing in my opinion)
MoP just overall, the maps and zones are insane, the MoP design raised WoW up on a whole new lvl of design, the "simplification" of classes, great pve experience and fun pvp (I know retail pvp for MoP was pure shit and unbalanced until 5.4.8)

Mike_GM

Retired CM and SQL/C++ Dev
Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Verified Member
My favorite expansion would be Wrath of the Lich King for sure! Somehow I always keep coming back to this expansion after a while. I think it's just how rewarding the progression feels at endgame!
Next to 3.3.5, I'd say Cataclysm and MoP are close competitors for me personally. Mists of Pandaria has incredible zones, storylines, progression and gosh I LOVE the way classes feel!

Medivh85

Verified Member
3.3.5 so far was the best i have seen and became my favourite repac.
The reson why is that who ever made the script for that repac (sadly i forgot its name) it worked so well, that basicly it was 90% bug free. including pre contents as well.

Soundwave

Verified Member
4.3.4 was when I started to play wow. My buddy purchased a copy for me to try it out, and I truly enjoyed it! I loved questing so much that I got myself the lore master title in a few months playing, and my friend who was playing since vanilla wow never got that achievement. Made me proud! Personally I find that the game has become more of a cut and paste game and I truly don't like any new expansion. However, I did purchased MOP, WOD, Legion and BFA! I enjoyed MOP and Legion and I have just given up on the rest.

MysticalUnit

Verified Member
I have played on a lot of very good repacks for many different versions of WoW, many of which are very good. EmuCoach's 4.3.4 is solid, Lights Hope Mangosd Vanilla 1.12 is good, but I have to say the best I have played on is a 3.3.5 repack such as yourself.

DavidoWasp

Veteran Member
I liked 2.4.3 repacks, years ago, when they where the first stables, playables, and blizzlike, servers.

Now, I have lot of fun playing on the 4.3.4 Emucoach repack.

( NpcBot are awesome to explore it with a blizzlike feeling, thanks for all the hard work)
WoWScrnShot_080520_005400.jpg

milvax

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
WoW Lights Hope. Classic WoW is incredible. I would like to see it modified more for a better single player experience.

cdnkorean

Verified Member
How different are the repacks compared to WoW Lights Hope?
Is Lights Hope the closest to the real blizzard?
What about emucoach 4.3.4? Is that really close to blizzlike?
Thanks!

cdnkorean

Verified Member
BTW, I love Lights Hope but now that we're at max lvl, some people want to experience the expansions.
So something like Lights Hope but with expansions would be awesome!

Amscram

Verified Member
How different are the repacks compared to WoW Lights Hope?
Is Lights Hope the closest to the real blizzard?
What about emucoach 4.3.4? Is that really close to blizzlike?
Thanks!
I am very curious about this too, if anyone knows.