Do you create graphics for fun or business purposes?

Shortie861

Veteran Member
Verified Member
Whenever I create graphics it's usually done for fun. It's very rare that I will sit and create graphics to earn money and usually I am more of a person who would create a graphic for someone as a favour rather than charge them which may make me pretty crazy I guess.

When you create graphics what do you usually create them for? Is it for money making purposes or is it for fun?

Misti

Veteran Member
Verified Member
Creating graphics for fun has always been my thing. Not being all that great with graphics at the best of times I tend to play around with GIMP for fun to see what I can create using tutorials. I would like to some day if I did get good enough maybe create basic graphics for people for cheap but right now I am not quite at the right standards.

WildTuber

Verified Member
Business purposes. I have a lot of clients wanting my skills, and my art. I'm highly skilled in graphic design, creating graphics has always been fun for me.

catota

Senior User
Verified Member
Business purposes. I have a lot of clients wanting my skills, and my art. I'm highly skilled in graphic design, creating graphics has always been fun for me.

What kind of graphics do you create? Can you pm me your portfolio?

Odda

Gold Supporter
For me, its business, since I run a graphics / web company. :) But it started as a hobby some 10-15 years ago, because I find it fun and relaxing, still do. So it just goes hand in hand :D

Primed

Verified Member
I don't do any graphical work but its intriguing hobby(job) which I can respect. My dad use to work on lots of signs/logos by hand for business purposes before moving on to another job a couple years ago.

Desnar

Verified Member
What limited graphics skills I can put out go into little things like signature pics so definitely just for fun.

haychip

Trial Member
I did take an online class for web graphics that I enjoyed. I had made a nice web side for the locale fire department I was with at the time. They ended up paying a company to create there web. The new web was plane and boring and many on the department said they liked mine better but it did it for fun and did not work for a company

Amscram

Verified Member
For business and fun. One cannot work well without the other.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    630.7 KB · Views: 91

hrp84

Verified Member
For business and fun. One cannot work well without the other.
Fact. A passion for this allows you to create more interesting projects for clients. Besides, if you like what you do for the money, you won't burn out that quickly, or at all