Differences between CATA & MOP

samusarun

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Somewhere in this forum, I mentioned my history with WoW. I'm curious to know what the differences are between Cataclysm and Mists. For instance, Cata brought us the worgen and the goblin races. MOP gave us Panda (and I don't remember if there was another race). In MOP, did they remove any of the old races? Can I still play a Worgen in MOP? Were dungeons removed? Did the landscape change between Cata and MOP - like it did between Wotlk and Cata?

Likon69

Mythical User
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Hello
They added a new continent. You could always play with Worgen. If not the other continents were almost untouched.
The quettes were modified. And the old raid to be able to do it solo

zarovavelilya

Verified Member
In MOP some classic dungeons had changed. Also i remember that the in MOP after 5.3 patch in-game location at MOP changed. Some builds of classes changed, talent system etc.

Kovelle

Verified Member
MoP was very similar to late Cata. New race and class added and then a new continent with the same kinds of new and scripted content cata had. WoD was really when WoW shifted to what it is today.

Jivani19

Elune Adore (FR)
Gold Supporter
Epic Member
Mythic mode was released for the first time on MOP, the appearance of a mount carrying a transmogrifier, beautiful mounts in the jewelry trade etc ...

Damieninabox

Gold Supporter
Senior User
This thread might be old but:

Compared to Cata, MoP had a LOT of changes, some of them:

Scenarios
Challenge Mode Dungeons
Flexible Raids
Brawlers Guild
Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle

Way better landscaping overall (in my opinion)
Better storyline including a lot of scenes/movies/cinematics compared to Cata

I feel like Mists Of Pandaria was THE expansion for WoW (seemed like Blizzard cared the most about WoW at this time) -> every xpac after, it kinda went down the river in my opinion.

GravityFails

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Mythic mode was released for the first time on MOP, the appearance of a mount carrying a transmogrifier, beautiful mounts in the jewelry trade etc ...

The model and textures for that jewelcrafting onyx panther mount is in the files for 4.3.4. It's in the "wow-update-base-15595.mpq" file, listed as "Flying Panther". If you wanted to add it in as a functioning mount you probably could since you're so good at those things Jivani. :)

At least I think so. It seems to use the same model as the Winged Guardian, it just puts a bunch of armor and wings on top of it. Could be wrong but the textures are definitely there for Onyx Panther.

Jivani19

Elune Adore (FR)
Gold Supporter
Epic Member
The model and textures for that jewelcrafting onyx panther mount is in the files for 4.3.4. It's in the "wow-update-base-15595.mpq" file, listed as "Flying Panther". If you wanted to add it in as a functioning mount you probably could since you're so good at those things Jivani. :)

At least I think so. It seems to use the same model as the Winged Guardian, it just puts a bunch of armor and wings on top of it. Could be wrong but the textures are definitely there for Onyx Panther.
you just need a copy of normal tiger acar in the DBCs you can make any earthly mount a flying mount or vice versa depending on what the creator wants.