Diagnosing a pointer exception [7.3.5] Legion repack

Skug

Veteran Member
Hey all,
I've been working around and learning a lot on my own time about Sql databases and becoming general more literate in the field of using a server, but there is one problem that still plagues me. Sometimes the server will become non responsive, and I'll have to close it manually. Under all of the crash logs, I see that they're all caused by a "C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION" error, and I've seen many posts from 2014 to now between github/trinitycore about fixes. Here's the problem, I'm unable to edit the worldserver.exe to view or change any of the potential fixes I've found since the .exe is already compiled. I've even looked into the Uwow forums and I'm able to find patches/ revisions for their own legion servers but I do not believe its publicly available. Looking into the memory dumps, I find that its a null pointer error as well. What avenue should I use to resolve this, tracking down something database side if its a piece of gear or script causing this, or try to gain access to edit the Uwow worldserver executable? Also have anyone else ran into this issue? I'd very much like to hear your all's thoughts. Thank you!

P.S. This isn't a super critical error, I just make sure to save all characters in the console that way we don't lose progress when the server bites the dust