Detailed 7.3.5 Instructions on getting it working!

Endafy

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Veteran Member
This is WAY easier than I made it out to be.
Step 1: get your files, I know the 4 hour wait sucks pay the $5.
Step 2: Put your folder layout EXACTLY as pictured.
Step 3: Go into _Server, right click MySQL.bat and send to desktop as a shortcut, rename shortcut to "launch first"
Step 4: Go Back and do the same for bnetserver, rename the desktop icon "launch second" then do the same for world server, launch third.
Step 5: Launch each one in the order you listed
Editing things at this point unless you know what you are doing to set things up on a server is beyond the scope of this thread
The only working client I can find is from https://uwow.biz/start
Run the Launcher, in Windows 11 it might complain so you have to tell Windows to allow it to run.
Right under, in the launcher "uwow.biz" the very first option "Legion", install it, but don't run it yet. Once it is installed, go to your wow directory, I place mine on my desktop. Go into "World of Warcraft/WTF" and open UWow.conf
Change the first line
SET portal "US"
TO:
SET portal "127.0.0.1"
Run uwow64.exe and login via adm@adm | adm
Enjoy!

Attachments

• folder layout.png
    folder layout.png
    216 KB · Views: 377

MWMDragon

Verified Member
I hope this works, I have the sever working, now all I need is the client you suggested.

I didn't use the install you suggested (I'm sure you method works perfectly) but only because I have a game server already running a 3.3.5 WOTLK server. So I had to start up the SQL server on another machine, back up the data bases, source them into the game servers MYSQL databases and then edit the DB info in the CONF files. After a few angry missing DLL files the server was up and running.

Skug

Veteran Member
Hey there, thanks for the reference image and quick start-up guide. I've looking everywhere online and the 30 something pages of the main repack post, but I couldn't find someone with a similar problem. The current mega link for server resources don't include the ssleay32.dll or libeay32.dll, and I was wondering whether these files were generated by the repack or if I need to find a third party online to obtain them. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.

Endafy

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Veteran Member
Hey there, thanks for the reference image and quick start-up guide. I've looking everywhere online and the 30 something pages of the main repack post, but I couldn't find someone with a similar problem. The current mega link for server resources don't include the ssleay32.dll or libeay32.dll, and I was wondering whether these files were generated by the repack or if I need to find a third party online to obtain them. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.
Download a program called cura, it's a 3d printer slicer. Install it and copy the files from it's directory. Sorry I forgot that part. You just need the files to be the same version with each other. The version of the files used in cura work perfectly. Idk why they aren't included in the download. You'd think they would be but meh.

AKRPK

Verified Member
What If I want my friends to connect outside of the local Network any tips on that?

Endafy

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Veteran Member
What If I want my friends to connect outside of the local Network any tips on that?
You have to define the ports, open them in your windows firewall, then open those ports on the router, setup a web portal, pray and hope people can connect.

Gold Supporter
How do I use this repack without being connected to the Internet? Yes, I connect to the repack server, but I get an error on the uwow client unless I am connected to the internet. Please help me. thx.