Date and Time of Events (v13 VIP)

3b799e5388

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Does anyone else has this same issue?

On my greenfield/out of the box VIP 13 Cataclysm 4.3.4 server, the "date and time for events" seem out of sync with the "local time and date"
The server displays the right time at the minimap, but the timing of events are seemingly off by 6 hours and 6 days.

For example:
Sundays between 1400 and 1600h local time, I expect the Stranglethorn Fishing contest to be active.
I notice in both Horde and Alliance cities Orgrimmar and Ironforge the "Fishing contect Announcers" serving the contest fliers.
But when navigating Stranglethorn Vale north and south, I notice ZERO fishing pools between 1300h and 1700h local time.

Another example:
Halloween Event
should run from October 18th 0100h until October 31 2359h

On my server it ran from October 13th ????h until October 27th 1800h

Upcoming saturday evening I'm gonna try Kaluak Fishing
to see if the event time is indeed 6 hours off...

I also looked a couple of times through my worldserver.conf, but couldn't find anything besides this piece of code.
I changed the setting from 2 to 8 to test if the setting also applies to timezone (which it doesn't :) )

Code:
#
#    RealmZone
#        Description: Server realm zone. Set allowed alphabet in character, etc. names.
#        Default      1  - (Development   - any language)
#                     2  - (United States - extended-Latin)
#                     3  - (Oceanic       - extended-Latin)
#                     4  - (Latin America - extended-Latin)
#                     5  - (Tournament    - basic-Latin at create, any at login)
#                     6  - (Korea         - East-Asian)
#                     7  - (Tournament    - basic-Latin at create, any at login)
#                     8  - (English       - extended-Latin)
#                     9  - (German        - extended-Latin)
#                     10 - (French        - extended-Latin)
#                     11 - (Spanish       - extended-Latin)
#                     12 - (Russian       - Cyrillic)
#                     13 - (Tournament    - basic-Latin at create, any at login)
#                     14 - (Taiwan        - East-Asian)
#                     15 - (Tournament    - basic-Latin at create, any at login)
#                     16 - (China         - East-Asian)
#                     17 - (CN1           - basic-Latin at create, any at login)
#                     18 - (CN2           - basic-Latin at create, any at login)
#                     19 - (CN3           - basic-Latin at create, any at login)
#                     20 - (CN4           - basic-Latin at create, any at login)
#                     21 - (CN5           - basic-Latin at create, any at login)
#                     22 - (CN6           - basic-Latin at create, any at login)
#                     23 - (CN7           - basic-Latin at create, any at login)
#                     24 - (CN8           - basic-Latin at create, any at login)
#                     25 - (Tournament    - basic-Latin at create, any at login)
#                     26 - (Test Server   - any language)
#                     27 - (Tournament    - basic-Latin at create, any at login)
#                     28 - (QA Server     - any language)
#                     29 - (CN9           - basic-Latin at create, any at login)

#RealmZone = 2
RealmZone = 8

3b799e5388

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
I solved most of the issues* by using HeidiSQL and opening Emucoach_v13_VIP_world > Game_event > Data > start_time

for example: Winter Veil is changed to 2020-12-15 06:00:00

*STV fishing is working properly now, as was the Halloween event.
Still have to investigate Kaluak Fishing contest tho, as the announcer in Dalaran was seen on Sunday instead of Saturday.

Most of the begin dates were like "2000-12-31 17:00:00"
What I don't understand is why this date is set instead of the correct Blizzlike date?

3b799e5388

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
I just opened database "emucoach_v131_vip_gold_world" and in the table "game_event" I see the same begin times: 2000-12-31 17:00:00

I fail to see the logic why these aren't set to Blizzlike dates?

ExO

Admin
I just opened database "emucoach_v131_vip_gold_world" and in the table "game_event" I see the same begin times: 2000-12-31 17:00:00

I fail to see the logic why these aren't set to Blizzlike dates?
Will have an eye on it for V14 :)

3b799e5388

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Excellent. Thank you.

If you need an export of the DB table how I configured it, let me know, I'll send you the file.