Character items missing

Mopower

Verified Member
Ok ever since i updated to V5. Characters have lost items from inventory and received weird mail saying problem equipping, but all that is in the mail is something like an herb or recipe. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Ok ever since i updated to V5. Characters have lost items from inventory and received weird mail saying problem equipping, but all that is in the mail is something like an herb or recipe. Any ideas on what the problem is?

For me, my characters were able to keep their inventories, but I still got mail saying problem equipping, and it sent me all of my equipped items, so I had duplicates. I'm not sure what the problem is, or why it happens, but there is a fix, but it has to do with working in the database using HeidiSQL or some other database software.
If you know what those are and how to work them, I'll tell you what to do, but if not then the best I can suggest is writing everything down for each character, then respawning them. I know it's too late to do that now, but you could re-import the characters from the v4 repack and spawn each item in.

Mopower

Verified Member
The item losses are ok able to be dealt with, and ya i have some experience at using heidi. Not an expert but can get my way around in it.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
The item losses are ok able to be dealt with, and ya i have some experience at using heidi. Not an expert but can get my way around in it.

Basically, go into the character and/or account tables, and copy and paste each row into the same table. Preferably changing the name of the character/account temporarily so you can save the database without having errors, then delete the old character/account and change the name back.
Not sure why this works, or if it even really does work, but it worked for me when I encountered the problem. I just logged backed in and everything was there.

Mopower

Verified Member
So i believe i figured it out. Has been several days and no problems. I think it was this line in the world config under Ahbot
AuctionHouseBot.EnableSeller. I had it enabled and it kept pulling everyone's gear off and selling it in AH. LOL, and sending us mail with junk in it.
So i disabled it and have had no further problems.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
So i believe i figured it out. Has been several days and no problems. I think it was this line in the world config under Ahbot
AuctionHouseBot.EnableSeller. I had it enabled and it kept pulling everyone's gear off and selling it in AH. LOL, and sending us mail with junk in it.
So i disabled it and have had no further problems.

Glad to know you've figured it out!
You've probably received a notification about it already, but I've added a link to your post in the "General Help Guide" post to help other users getting this error.