Can anyone recommend Updated Textures & Models for Cataclysm 4.3.4?

Sn0wGl0be

Trial Member
Hi, are there any good graphical updates I can apply to EmuCoach's 4.3.4 Cataclysm? Such as bringing the textures / models from BFA (or the next best thing) to Cataclysm?

(For models I am currently trying this although it only seems to update my player character model and not any NPC)

Thanks.

Last edited:

darthy

Veteran Member
Verified Member
Try to look at Portal - Model Changing Network - WoW Modding Community WoW modders work with that. I have a model patches with MoP-Legion models :) BfA models have TXID and I have to get rid of that before converting them to Cata-compatible format... Iam an admin of a custom wow 4.3.4 server based on our own patch so I also needed new models for cata. I will upload the model pack as soon as we will be able to make BfA models compatible... You can PM me for questions. :)

_Draconis_

Trial Member
i just want to know where the blp textures are located.
i'm on the legion 7.3.5 uwow and i just want my models to be a tad bit nicer but everyone keeps telling me to find an MPQ but this version doesn't have one. but the game has to have textures stored somewhere right?

Jenniy

I collect profile flairs.
Silver Supporter
Senior User
i just want to know where the blp textures are located.
i'm on the legion 7.3.5 uwow and i just want my models to be a tad bit nicer but everyone keeps telling me to find an MPQ but this version doesn't have one. but the game has to have textures stored somewhere right?
After Pandaria, Blizzard decided to completely change how the game stores files. There are no more .MPQs to extract, but instead an entirely different format of archived data. The new format is named "CASC", which operates a bit more like a database than a bunch of archive (.zip) files. Here's an article about how the new file system operates - maybe it can be of some help to figure out the way forward. http://www.zezula.net/en/casc/main.html

_Draconis_

Trial Member
After Pandaria, Blizzard decided to completely change how the game stores files. There are no more .MPQs to extract, but instead an entirely different format of archived data. The new format is named "CASC", which operates a bit more like a database than a bunch of archive (.zip) files. Here's an article about how the new file system operates - maybe it can be of some help to figure out the way forward. http://www.zezula.net/en/casc/main.html
you understand that i'm running Emucoach's 7.3.5 trinity core the casc is something that is set up. but my version doesn't have it and doesn't need it to run.
also the CASC tutorial is incoherent and alot of the file links are either broken or missing. and no one has seemed to notice. nor update them.

Jenniy

I collect profile flairs.
Silver Supporter
Senior User
You might be confusing CASC with the MySQL database(s) that are wrapped in the re-pack. These are very different things, and I'm sorry if I caused some confusion about it calling CASC 'a database'. CASC is most assuredly the system that blizzard created to store the assets (sounds, textures, meshes, etc.) starting in Warlords of Draenor and continuing for every client version there after. The CASC system doesn't actually have anything to do with the server side of things at all, it is entirely within the game client.

Here's a bit more concise link to the CASC viewer then the previous page I suggested (that may have been a bit over-informational):

Using this program should operate pretty similarly to how you would go about looking at the data inside an .MPQ file. Beyond that, it's just a matter of finding the .blp files you are searching for.
Hopefully this might be a bit more comprehensible then my previous reply. I really am sorry that my information is a bit vague and not really instructive, I'm still not very well versed with CASC as I have to feel my way around to make sure I actually give you accurate information.

_Draconis_

Trial Member
You might be confusing CASC with the MySQL database(s) that are wrapped in the re-pack. These are very different things, and I'm sorry if I caused some confusion about it calling CASC 'a database'. CASC is most assuredly the system that blizzard created to store the assets (sounds, textures, meshes, etc.) starting in Warlords of Draenor and continuing for every client version there after. The CASC system doesn't actually have anything to do with the server side of things at all, it is entirely within the game client.

Here's a bit more concise link to the CASC viewer then the previous page I suggested (that may have been a bit over-informational):

Using this program should operate pretty similarly to how you would go about looking at the data inside an .MPQ file. Beyond that, it's just a matter of finding the .blp files you are searching for.
Hopefully this might be a bit more comprehensible then my previous reply. I really am sorry that my information is a bit vague and not really instructive, I'm still not very well versed with CASC as I have to feel my way around to make sure I actually give you accurate information.
well at this point I've found an alternative option far better for what I needed
I thank you for the more clear info but at this point I no longer need it.

still doesn't explain how my repack from emucoach functions tho.
like people say I need a CASC but my game works fine without one.
guess its only for server hosting stuff. . .