Auto updater using a FTP (online) service - for any game you want

alvaro_dtna

Verified Member
Hello guy, I'm new here and I'm not an english native speaker... so take it easy.
The idea is pretty simple and we will use a software ready to use, so lets get started.

1° - Create a host domain. I like the free ones, of course.
DONE

2° - Create 2 files inside your FTP domain (URL) called: 'update' & 'news'.
This 'news' should contain the index.html file with the appearance of your updater (a background and news from the update/server whatever)
DONE: Your FTP is almost ready to contact your updater

3° - Now its the configuration of the updater. We need to stablish the following steps to conect with your FTP server.
So we need to create a file with this directions using the Encrypted.exe (It will generates a file called LaBaK.ini - with instructions for the Launcher)

4° - Now we just copy that file where is the Launcher ("..\Launcher Auto Updater\Launcher")

5° - You just need to insert those files (from ..\Launcher) into the game (main file) you want to update.

In this below video (its in portuguese, my native language - sorry - but it is very detailed) I'm showing all those steps and what you have to do to make an update.

***Someting here is very very very VERY IMPORTANT! Never put the original files to generate an update!! Those files will became useless for you! Just the Launcher can use them!!***
***Once those updates (.rar) files are inserted in your FTP server you can just delete them all.***

Launcher autoupdater com servidor FTP dedicado (para qualquer jogo) - YouTube

Thank you!

Last edited: