Auction House Bot bug?

Maze

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
I was wondering if the Auction House Bot is bugged or not, because when i restart the server (through ".server restart" command) the bot will remove all the items (even players item) and replace them with others... anyone know how to solve it ?

Thank you :)

Blackvision

Mythical User
Super Moderator
Gold Supporter
The bot removes its own items upon restart, but it should not delete players actions.

Last edited:

Maze

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Yeah exactly, but somehow delete every player's item too.
That doesn't happend if the Bot is disabled.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Yeah exactly, but somehow delete every player's item too.
That doesn't happend if the Bot is disabled.

How soon did you restart the server after items were put into the AH?
If it was immediately after, then the AH likely didn't have time to save it maybe - unless it saves on closing.

Does it also delete all player-entered items when you close the server, without using restart command?

Maze

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
How soon did you restart the server after items were put into the AH?
If it was immediately after, then the AH likely didn't have time to save it maybe - unless it saves on closing.

Does it also delete all player-entered items when you close the server, without using restart command?
Doesn't matter how soon i restart the server, the items will be deleted aswell, even if they were put 1 day earlier.

Tbh i didn't try to close it manually, since as i know, the restart command is the properly way to restart the server.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Doesn't matter how soon i restart the server, the items will be deleted aswell, even if they were put 1 day earlier.

Tbh i didn't try to close it manually, since as i know, the restart command is the properly way to restart the server.

I used to just press Ctrl+C to close the server, and never had any problems with it.
Either Ctrl+C or just closing the worldserver.exe console window, can't remember which.

Never gave me any issues whenever I hosted any servers, on 3.3.5, 4.3.4, and 5.4.8

Edit: Does that restart the entire server (MySQL/Auth/World), or just worldserver.exe? Just realized that, since all AH items stored on the DB, I'm assuming the entire server is reset. I usually do Ctrl+C on all, World/Authserver.exe, and MySQL.bat windows, then just start them again manually. Maybe try that - It shouldn't be the restart command, but it's worth a try.

Maze

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
I used to just press Ctrl+C to close the server, and never had any problems with it.
Either Ctrl+C or just closing the worldserver.exe console window, can't remember which.

Never gave me any issues whenever I hosted any servers, on 3.3.5, 4.3.4, and 5.4.8

Edit: Does that restart the entire server (MySQL/Auth/World), or just worldserver.exe? Just realized that, since all AH items stored on the DB, I'm assuming the entire server is reset. I usually do Ctrl+C on all, World/Authserver.exe, and MySQL.bat windows, then just start them again manually. Maybe try that - It shouldn't be the restart command, but it's worth a try.
I'm trying everything now, but the Ah bot pick up all the item sotred and refresh them whit others everytime i restart the server.
I do normally restart just the worldserver.exe but now i have tried everything. I used Ctrl+C just on the worldserver.exe. I have tried to close the worldserver.exe window manually,I did even close everything (MySQL/Auth/World) whit Ctrl+C, but I'm still having the same problem. At this point i would like to know if is just my problem (wrong settings) or other users have found the same problems.

Edit: I noticed something, maybe this could help to find the problem.
AH.PNG

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
I'm trying everything now, but the Ah bot pick up all the item sotred and refresh them whit others everytime i restart the server.
I do normally restart just the worldserver.exe but now i have tried everything. I used Ctrl+C just on the worldserver.exe. I have tried to close the worldserver.exe window manually,I did even close everything (MySQL/Auth/World) whit Ctrl+C, but I'm still having the same problem. At this point i would like to know if is just my problem (wrong settings) or other users have found the same problems.

Edit: I noticed something, maybe this could help to find the problem.
View attachment 1004

I would assume that means the AHBot does not have a proper account ID set in worldserver.conf
Usually what I did was leave the default admin account alone (changing password for it if it's a public server), then just leave the default account ID set for the AHBot.

I believe the bot needs an account to technically store the items on; So without a proper account it resets it all.
Rough guess, can't say for sure. Did you delete the default admin account, or use it as your account, or anything like that? Or did you leave it alone?

Either that error is based on what I stated, or those are ignore-able errors that have nothing to do with AHBot, and just a missing NPC ?‍♂️

Maze

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
I would assume that means the AHBot does not have a proper account ID set in worldserver.conf
Usually what I did was leave the default admin account alone (changing password for it if it's a public server), then just leave the default account ID set for the AHBot.

I believe the bot needs an account to technically store the items on; So without a proper account it resets it all.
Rough guess, can't say for sure. Did you delete the default admin account, or use it as your account, or anything like that? Or did you leave it alone?

Either that error is based on what I stated, or those are ignore-able errors that have nothing to do with AHBot, and just a missing NPC ?‍♂️
I thought the same, also I changed the account to a new one but nothing happend.
I left the admin account alone long time ago.

Now i dont know what the Guid means here, maybe it could mean that all the Auction have the same guid and the AHBot can't understand which aren't his Item ?!?‍♂️
Maybe the easiest way is to disable the AHBot and let the player make their business. ?

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
I thought the same, also I changed the account to a new one but nothing happend.
I left the admin account alone long time ago.

Now i dont know what the Guid means here, maybe it could mean that all the Auction have the same guid and the AHBot can't understand which aren't his Item ?!?‍♂️
Maybe the easiest way is to disable the AHBot and let the player make their business. ?

Sadly it looks like you might have to go forward with disabling it. If ExO can reproduce it maybe it can be fixed, unsure if it'll make it in time for the next release though.

Maze

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Sure no worries. I'll wait until it will be fixed.
Thank you iRoflu!