At what age did you start playing computer games?

voralyx

Veteran Member
Also Around 5 ish. Robocon and PreHistoric 2 was so awesome at that time... then Wolfenstein. And Full Throttle!

toliktolik

Trial Member
здравствуйте.... возраст точно не помню, но мне кажется это был первый курс института когда у меня появился комп

rockonadock

Verified Member
Seriously, I was 18 when I got my first PC
I was probably about two years younger when we got a computer that somehow ended up my room. I remember my neighbor loaning me Diablo and playing that (I bought the version GOG sells for the memories and to experience Hellfire!). I don't remember the first PC game purchased, but I do remember seeing a trailer for Gabriel Knight 3 in 1999, being interested in the game, and then not getting it until this year on Steam, lol.

joegall

Verified Member
All'età di 8 anni, era il 1990. Parliamo quindi di un pc con scarsa grafica (CGA), quindi EGA, VGA, SVGA. :ROFLMAO:
Bei tempi. Giochi con una grafica scadente, ma divertenti e stimolanti al punto giusto.
Il primo gioco online è stato City Of Heroes, in seguito WoW (Vanilla) insieme a Champions Online.

MikeBlade

Verified Member
I played my first computer game at age 7 it was the old Roller Coaster Tycoon, had so much fun with that and various other games we had on cds back then. Having dial-up at that time doing any online games was a pain for sure, so I'd really only play Unreal Gold when I got that game and downloading stuff took forever would have to leave it running at night. Some of the best times I had though great memories and later after getting DSL I played Counter Strike and WoW mainly.

hubabuba

Trial Member
Wow, that's some early game you're playing. I first tried playing computer games when I was about 16 years old, which is when I got my first computer.

Neurotical

Verified Member
I started GTA Vice City at 10 after I got my hand-me-down PC from my aunt.
Had many .dll problems that I didn't know what to do about at that age.
Then had to get a graphics card with some drivers that let me play the game.
It was crazy difficult trying to troubleshoot back then on 56kbps modem >.<

TheKillerChicken

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
I was around 6. On a 80486DX with windows 3.1 and it started with Commander Keen. Ah yes, good old Vesa Local Bus technology. A whopping 256 KB video ram, shared with the IDE controller, floppy controller, serial ports, and LPT printer port. When I moved to Windows 95, it was a whole different game as 3d hardware acceleration was then available, thus moving games into the 3d realm. Good times. I have a Windows 98Se machine running at this time as it is being used as a MIDI entertainment centre with and AWE32, AWE64 Gold, TerraTec EWS64XL, Sound Blaster Live!, Sound Blaster PCI 128, TerraTec ESS Solo-1, and a Sound Blaster Extigy USB. I forgot to add: By the windows 95 era, I had a Sega MegaDrive (Genesis) with all the Sonic games as well as a few arcade-like games as well which I really enjoyed playing a lot of until my Genesis died on me, 10 years later. I also had a PSX (PS1) and had a lot of fun with the games there also.

Drakeboy

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
I would say around freshman in High School 9th grade 14-15 ish. We got a TI-99/4A and an Atari 2600 for Christmas. Time frame was about 1983-1`984. I got an Apple IIe about 1987 and moved to a 8088 4.77 Mhz about 1990.