At what age did you start playing computer games?

Mogra

Trial Member
I never had a computer as a child - that was a different time. But my daughter started at the age of three, playing some simple games based on her favorite cartoons.

Mikaya

Verified Member
around 6 I'd say. I didn't know how to play them properly, but oh well. I found it fun! xD

Redcap

Verified Member
A very young age if I remember carefully, not being precise I'd say round 5-6 years old, though I played on trusted games and my mum monitored me.

ExO

Admin
I was probably around 8 years old or something, it's quite hard to remember but that's what I think atleast.

bizarrio

Trial Member
I first played computer games when I was 8 or 9, I believe. Those games were really fun to play.

Shock

Veteran Member
I started playing computer games when I was like 4. I was playing Halo and adult strategy games by the time I was 8-9.

HellHammer

Silver Supporter
Senior User
I was 7 in 1994 when my mother bought a "shared" computer and a random new release game that just happened to be Warcraft: Orcs and humans. I remember my older brother and I fighting over playing the game and how long we each played it. I would get so mad that he would hog the computer it got so bad our parents had to put a time limit on how long we each played before we switched who was playing.

Lienx

Verified Member
I started playing computer games in like kindergarten.. we would play old pc games on floppy disks in the computer labs.

tkrokli

Verified Member
I think the first game I played was a simple FPS game on the Apple II computer, maybe when I was about 10 or 11, in my 4. grade, around 1978 - 1979. I also tried some games on a RadioShack computer at my friends house, just before the Commodore VIC-20 (the one before Commodore 64) was launched. I also played Space Invaders on a public game arcade console, black and white screen. This would have been around 1980.

Javan

Verified Member
Well, very early. At the age of 8 or so. I started with an Atari 2600, but I've enjoyed it very little. Since then, I played NES, Super NES and PSX games a lot. Until I could buy my first PC and start playing some games like Starcraft, Quake II and specially World of Warcraft.

Shortie861

Veteran Member
Verified Member
If I remember rightly I was around 3 years old when I first started gaming and I believe my first console was the Atari if I remember rightly. After that I moved over to the Sega Master System and from there went to the Super Nintendo but all in all I have been gaming for around 25-26 years.